Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th July 2015, 05:05   #3681
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

That`s any friendship with "Coolcat" over
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2015, 05:39   #3682
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avora View Post
Didn't take much more than an hour total. Most time was spent getting the cable out of the handbrake, I ended up just using my 1/4 inch extensions and lightly tapping it out. The new one went in first try pushing the cable and two fingers guiding the thread up and in. Moving the lever to a easier position helped.
Quote:
I had the centre box out as well for added visibility and access.
Make no mistake, I was well prepared for this job having checked photos you posted etc. Still managed to get a couple scratches here and there, but nothing compared the number changing the clutch at the start of the week.

Holds the car on 3 clicks, and compensates for the mis adjustment much better than the original part. I notice my car has had the compensator changed before...so has stretched at least two in its 85k. Added bonus was finding a set of pliers hidden under the carpet in the rear

I'll probably weld up the one I have removed and keep it as a spare, but I can't see the mini version stretching anytime soon. Highly recommend the added effort fitting this version.

Hi Martin.
I am right in my highlighted section you took the centre console out as well ? if so even that is going to be behind certain people whom are not mechanically minded.

I agree it is a good version I did wonder a little about if it could open at the end so the pin could slip out, that is why I did the belt and braces bit at meets I think I will still fit the SSC as it is the same cost but less time consuming and doe's the job just the same I wont say beter as I do not know that for sure. Arctic

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2015, 07:59   #3683
Avora
Loves to post

MG ZT-T 190

I didn't take the whole console out no. Perhaps one day I'll be doing that, but no real reason to for this job. A chunk of wood holding it up from the rear helped a great deal however.

I'd say if the thing starts to bend apart then the force will have no bother in removing your pins. A couple bolts through would be somewhat stronger. Everything should be pulling level and shouldn't be able to cause a problem, but that remains to be seen.

The major advantage of the design is much improved compensation. Immediately I could see my drums were unbalanced by quite some way, yet both have now taken hold without any further adjustment. I'll balance them out just for my own piece of mind, but it doesn't appear to be required.
Old 5th July 2015, 09:36   #3684
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avora View Post
I didn't take the whole console out no. Perhaps one day I'll be doing that, but no real reason to for this job. A chunk of wood holding it up from the rear helped a great deal however.

I'd say if the thing starts to bend apart then the force will have no bother in removing your pins. A couple bolts through would be somewhat stronger. Everything should be pulling level and shouldn't be able to cause a problem, but that remains to be seen.

The major advantage of the design is much improved compensation. Immediately I could see my drums were unbalanced by quite some way, yet both have now taken hold without any further adjustment. I'll balance them out just for my own piece of mind, but it doesn't appear to be required.
Thanks for the encouraging follow up and is how I see mine working now. With it fitted I find that the softness or woolliness, for want of better adjectives, has now gone when I apply the H/B. It feels much better and more like my Freelander which has a similar equaliser only system.

Whichever method used though better than the original set up.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2015, 14:24   #3685
varleyjr
Loves to post

MG ZT

Wrapped the roof in viynl and roof bars (if that's what they are called) and the faded black plastic door pillars. Looks loads better compared to what it was as it is need of a respray but can't afford that just yet. Went to a mini meet in chesterfield and had some positive feedback
varleyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2015, 14:36   #3686
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by varleyjr View Post
Wrapped the roof in viynl and roof bars (if that's what they are called) and the faded black plastic door pillars. Looks loads better compared to what it was as it is need of a respray but can't afford that just yet. Went to a mini meet in chesterfield and had some positive feedback
Have you got any pics?
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2015, 15:14   #3687
varleyjr
Loves to post

MG ZT

Best one I have so far. It chucking it down right now so will get a better one later

You can see how bad the paint work is hence wrapping it for now
Old 5th July 2015, 15:20   #3688
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Matches the wheels.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2015, 15:29   #3689
varleyjr
Loves to post

MG ZT

Only just. Could do with the roof being a little darker
Old 5th July 2015, 16:11   #3690
Alan123
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by varleyjr View Post

Best one I have so far. It chucking it down right now so will get a better one later

You can see how bad the paint work is hence wrapping it for now
My car bein zircon silver I was thinking of having a black and silver Union Jack on the roof like the minis have. What's people's thoughts on this
Alan123 is offline   Reply With Quote