Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st March 2021, 22:16   #131
COLVERT
This is my second home
 
R75 Saloon.

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: France/or Devon.
Posts: 14,003
Thanks: 3,851
Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I got your reply via email and it confused me no end. I now see my post above is not on the thread I thought it was.

macafee2
O.K.---Sent you a PM.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2022, 14:33   #132
Fred Pitt
Newbie
 
Fred Pitt's Avatar
 
Rover 75 Saloon

Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Anytown
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I just found out by my own investigation that if you accidentally break the white plug that goes into the brake pedal sensor switch, you can substitute a BMW one instead.
Rover 75 cable looms/harnesses are rare now, so I thought I was screwed.
But I noticed the switch had BMW moulded on it, so I put the part number into Google, and came back as a BMW brake pedal switch plug, for Rover 75 era Beemers.
I then looked on eBay, and saw two at £20 which I snapped up.
You have to study the pin holes and plug design to check it will fit the sensor.
Fitted mine, works a treat.
Now I drive a Rover 75/BMW hybrid!
Fred Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2022, 21:40   #133
COLVERT
This is my second home
 
R75 Saloon.

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: France/or Devon.
Posts: 14,003
Thanks: 3,851
Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmus Piett View Post
I just found out by my own investigation that if you accidentally break the white plug that goes into the brake pedal sensor switch, you can substitute a BMW one instead.
Rover 75 cable looms/harnesses are rare now, so I thought I was screwed.
But I noticed the switch had BMW moulded on it, so I put the part number into Google, and came back as a BMW brake pedal switch plug, for Rover 75 era Beemers.
I then looked on eBay, and saw two at £20 which I snapped up.
You have to study the pin holes and plug design to check it will fit the sensor.
Fitted mine, works a treat.
Now I drive a Rover 75/BMW hybrid!
Don't we all.----
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2022, 12:12   #134
alan richard
Avid contributor
 
alan richard's Avatar
 
75 Tourer cdti

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Melton Mowbray
Posts: 245
Thanks: 62
Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
Default Evaporator CDTi = KV6?

Hi.

Can anyone confirm or deny if the AC evaporator matrix is the same for the CDTi and the KV6 engines?

Rimmers no longer list them so I can't check the part numbers . . .

Thanks

A
alan richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2022, 16:27   #135
COLVERT
This is my second home
 
R75 Saloon.

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: France/or Devon.
Posts: 14,003
Thanks: 3,851
Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan richard View Post
Hi.

Can anyone confirm or deny if the AC evaporator matrix is the same for the CDTi and the KV6 engines?

Rimmers no longer list them so I can't check the part numbers . . .

Thanks

A
You need to post this in the main forum as this is meant for giving out known facts. You will get a fast response elsewhere.-----
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2022, 21:51   #136
macafee2
This is my second home
 
Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lincoln
Posts: 14,953
Thanks: 1,630
Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan richard View Post
Hi.

Can anyone confirm or deny if the AC evaporator matrix is the same for the CDTi and the KV6 engines?

Rimmers no longer list them so I can't check the part numbers . . .

Thanks

A

Have a look at this thread
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...highlight=part

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2022, 12:24   #137
alan richard
Avid contributor
 
alan richard's Avatar
 
75 Tourer cdti

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Melton Mowbray
Posts: 245
Thanks: 62
Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Cheers Gents.
Sorry to clutter this thread - it occurred to me after that this wasn't the best place.
Thanks for the link macafee. I'll brush up on my German and check that out!

-A

edit: saying that - The section on HVAC doesn't separate V6 & CDTi. Also I wold guess these are LHD part refs and I know this item is handed.
Good to look through though. Cheers.

Last edited by alan richard; 1st September 2022 at 15:30..
alan richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2022, 18:37   #138
macafee2
This is my second home
 
Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lincoln
Posts: 14,953
Thanks: 1,630
Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan richard View Post
Cheers Gents.
Sorry to clutter this thread - it occurred to me after that this wasn't the best place.
Thanks for the link macafee. I'll brush up on my German and check that out!

-A

edit: saying that - The section on HVAC doesn't separate V6 & CDTi. Also I wold guess these are LHD part refs and I know this item is handed.
Good to look through though. Cheers.

You do not have to brush up on German, you can select top right, English

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2022, 13:33   #139
COLVERT
This is my second home
 
R75 Saloon.

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: France/or Devon.
Posts: 14,003
Thanks: 3,851
Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Have a look at this thread
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...highlight=part

macafee2
Thanks for that excellent link.---Worth putting in Favourites folks.----
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2024, 17:25   #140
YHT
Loves to post
 
Rover 75 Saloon

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: suffolk
Posts: 275
Thanks: 46
Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts
Default

The ruber/metal seal that blocks of a hole in the gearboc (seen when you take the gearbox out to do a clutch change) is the same as used on a Ford transit. I have only replaced 1 as was splitting the gearbox casing to get tothe differential. There are 3 more at the other end of the casing. They block off the end of the gear box shafts.
The makers numbers etc are "SABO NBR N 148 7298 10 216.0.0101.01" and a search revealed another supplier at 1/4 the cost of the Ford one.
YHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright © 2006-2023, The Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club Ltd