Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th April 2020, 08:16   #1
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts
Default Trump

I was going to tag this on to another thread, but then thought I'd put it on a separate one as it may get the wrong sort of replies and get closed down (which I do understand), so here goes.....

Trump, has been appointed as the President of the United States of America, to represent 330 million people....he and his Government appoint experts to advise the best policy and way forward, especially with regard to the current situation, i.e. corona virus pandemic. To possibly save the loss of tens of thousands of lives the experts advise that it would be sensible for all to wear face masks. Trump, then says he will not be wearing one. I personally think this is despicable example to set, why promote the idea if he, "the boss", is not going to go along with it?

Thankfully, and oddly, his wife has then made a video promoting the use of face masks, very brave.

I had already stated on other threads that we should watch what happens in the United States but this was not what I had in mind. The United States consists really of many individual "states" that would normally run separately from the U.S., and I can see this becoming more apparent if they are still lambasted for asking for help. Ironically, this is where the EU is going with the protection of Sovereign borders creating separate entities once more.

Last edited by planenut; 4th April 2020 at 08:20..
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote