Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd February 2016, 17:59   #4711
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Came in from work and removed the fence, started the 75 and removed it from its parking place, put the coupe in its place, refitted the fence, put the 75 on the drive where the coupe was and put the battery back on charge just in case. Got the nice ch ch ch ch ch sound of rusty brake discs. Too many cars, so little time to drive them. 75 now a daily driver for a week or two.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2016, 11:18   #4712
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Just cleared about 10 litres of water out of the boots wheel well, Got to sand the back of my spare wheel as its very rusty as I didn't know I had said water in my boot until the other day. Exploratory surgery required to find were the leak is coming from...

Found the fuel leak was dripping from the centre of the engine bay and I suspect a failing high pressure pump seal (is that possible? or does a fuel line run there).

Just about to go and tighten the bushing on my car for the seventh time as the thing keeps coming loose, lasts about two weeks or about a couple of hundred miles, I imagine its from vibration due to all the speed bumps around here, but I don't know there is something quite right with the car...It also causing significant outer tyre wear and is getting on my trumpet!
Old 27th February 2016, 11:49   #4713
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Today (freezing outside) I replaced the boot board using 6mm ply ...fitted a power point in my boot ready for Summer (cold box etc)....USB fitting in the cubby and a new N/S rear light as mine has a tiny crack... satisfied with my mornings graft
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2016, 12:38   #4714
arodriguez
Loves to post

Rover 75 Club 1.8T SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxpump View Post
Just cleared about 10 litres of water out of the boots wheel well, Got to sand the back of my spare wheel as its very rusty as I didn't know I had said water in my boot until the other day. Exploratory surgery required to find were the leak is coming from...

Found the fuel leak was dripping from the centre of the engine bay and I suspect a failing high pressure pump seal (is that possible? or does a fuel line run there).

Just about to go and tighten the bushing on my car for the seventh time as the thing keeps coming loose, lasts about two weeks or about a couple of hundred miles, I imagine its from vibration due to all the speed bumps around here, but I don't know there is something quite right with the car...It also causing significant outer tyre wear and is getting on my trumpet!
Outer tyre wear on the rears are a right royal pain in the ass. Nobody seems able to sort it. Been to 4 garages now????
Old 27th February 2016, 14:37   #4715
Alan123
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon

Today I've changed the n/s bottom wishbone arm & rear bush. I've been putting it off for a few weeks due to work & cold weather.
But that's both sides done now thankfully.

And I've got to admit changing them is the worse job any man could do.

Also checked plems & fluids and all sweet.
Alan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2016, 15:50   #4716
expat dave
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Had the boot lining out to silicone side trim nut's. Load's of water in the spare wheel well, Hope that solves the problem it was a nightmare job. Just as well I looked, The spare wheel very low on air. Tomorrow going to fit E-Zee rear lamp fixer kit. Do I need to silicone the light cluster's when I refit ?
expat dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2016, 15:58   #4717
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Today I hoovered the inside due to the fact my children are incapable of putting the food into there mouths when inside the car I also washed 2 weeks worth of salt from her flanks, now she's all shiny again
Old 27th February 2016, 18:13   #4718
timtheenchanteruk
Regular poster

MG ZT

Had a fumble round in the drivers footwell., adjusted the clutch pedal switch, lets see if the cruise works now...
timtheenchanteruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2016, 18:19   #4719
Elliott
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

[QUOTE=barney bear;2228706]Today I hoovered the inside due to the fact my children are incapable of putting the food into there mouths when inside the car [QUOTE]

Tell me about it, perfect coordination to play on their I phones but anything else like hand to mouth
Old 27th February 2016, 18:53   #4720
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Conked out several times in my nice reliable diesel ZT

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote