Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1st May 2024, 17:55   #25
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
……………………….. first Power Cut since living here in Cornwall. No heating on gave the game away. I phoned the National Grid on 105 and they politely told me that the power would be restored by 09.30. It was on at 05.15 as I got out of bed to go for a wee.
Anyway it came back on at 08.00. National Grid phoned to to tell me that it was now all sorted.

And on top of this we now have a leak in the roof. I contacted a highly recommended local company and they have been up on the roof to look. Waiting on them to send me an estimate for the work.
Plus the access door to the garage is on its last hinges, looks like it’s about to give up very soon. I rarely use this door, especially in the wet, as the steps are very steep and slippery. I would walk all the way round and use the up and over door.

So I have a local carpenter coming out tomorrow to have a look and giving me a price on a new door. And whilst he is here he is going to look at boxing the boiler in.

Another couple of friends from Barkingside have passed away. One from a trauma to the head after a nasty fall, and t’other one from natural causes. But I’ll not be going back for the funerals. But I have sent sympathy cards and made a donation to the various charities concerned.

My progress is getting better. Now have a very nice walking stick in blue plus a second one that has a seat attached, that will be handy at car meets as I often stop to chat to various owners. Not able to stand for too long before the ankle starts to ache. Been told it will be up to 12 months before the full strength returns to the ankle. Just need to take things easy.

But I have managed to get my gardens looking better, if it would stop raining I will get some new plants in. I’m able to cut the grass front and back.
Both cars are running ok, just had to replace the rear tyres on the wee car. But Banana is running sweet. So far we have done 3 car shows with 3 different clubs.

Thanks for reading.
Hi Bob.
It is good too hear you are on the mend and getting out and about with Banana,
Just take it easy and not doing stupid things, you are no spring chicken.

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote