Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th April 2021, 12:52   #1
goltho
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTi

I have had this car for over 3 years after promising myself one for a long time. Last summer, I "accidentally" bought and then stored an ultra-low mileage ZT KV6. I have now decided to keep and use that as a new toy; the reality is I can't keep two cars so it's time to say goodbye to the Connie.

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDTi
Mileage 157,082
Auto transmission
Off assembly and registered 11/10/2004
MOT expires 28/11/2021 (1,500 miles since MoT)
Colour is Ski Blue

The 2019 MoT failure prompted me in addition to repairing the necessary things, to carry out a front suspension & steering overhaul with OEM parts including springs, dampers, lower control arms, ARB drop links, ARB bushes, top bearings, inner and outer steering tie rods. The rear springs were done for that MoT as you'll see on the MoT history. The rest I did after lockdown started in 2020.

I also replaced all brake pads and discs with the suspension work last summer which was no more than 1,500 miles ago, probably 1,000.

There is service history with the car including a folder-full of service and maintenance invoices and I've serviced and maintained it as a labour of love since buying it in 2018. I last serviced it on 09/09/2020. I fitted a recirculating-type PCV filter when I got the car and check this when servicing.

The car has rear parking sensors, rear blind, cruise control, heated front (leather) seats which are black with smoke piping in perfect condition, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, separate climate controls, air conditioning which I had re-gassed last summer and a good Sony bluetooth radio. I've done all the usual suspects and culprits e.g. plenums, fan resistor and changed out the air hoses for silicon (blue) ones when I replaced the bottom o-rings, EGR valve blanked off. The front bumper has some light scuffs to the corner.

I also had the car properly remapped as I was never happy with the standing start performance e.g. at roundabouts. I originally had one done at a forum meet but it frankly didn't make much of a difference, so last year I researched and opted for another after looking at the performance graphs. It's been like night and day, and is rated at 158bhp. It's an ECU file upgrade and NOT a device e.g. Ronbox. I still love the low-end power produced with minimal throttle effort.

I've probably forgotten something* but I hope I've described the car fairly and accurately. It's going on eBay shortly but I wanted to put it up here first as I'd like it to go to someone who'll continue to look after it.

Asking price is £1,200. Thanks.

Dougie.

* I fitted DRLs/switchbacks on the headlamps which often draw good comments. See last pic at below.
* Also quad projector xenon headlamp upgrades! I knew I'd forget stuff.
* And an exterior press-button boot switch under the chrome handle which is a godsend.

• Built 11/10/2004 @10:22 hrs: Registered 12/10/2004
• 104,984/112,381 75
• 3,398/4,744 CDTi Connoisseur SE
• 55/407 Ski Blue 75 (JHI)

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
ZT 180+ Sports Auto
• Built 18/06/2002 @11:54 hrs: Registered 13/01/2003
• 4,906/18,894 ZT
• 342/828 ZT 180+
• 206/813 Le Mans Green ZT (HPD)
• 29,000 miles

Last edited by goltho; 7th April 2021 at 11:49..
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goltho For This Useful Post: