Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd January 2016, 10:36   #51
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilyh View Post
hi all - I leave for Hong Kong in 2 weeks - if you can source a supplier that can deliver to my temporary address I can courier back to UK at the end of the month FOC.

Will help remove those import charges and courier costs
Hi Neil

Thanks for the offer but it is going to take longer than that to get a reasonable price sourced from China, I would LOVE to be in a position to offer these repairs for 100.00 or less but the parts cost way way more than that...

Also I would hate to put you in a position of going through customs with a suitcase full of electronics with a duty due on them.... bad for you and bad for us if the goods are impounded...

great offer though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryf View Post
What about Sean (radio guy) he has good contacts in China?
already on it...

loads going on behind the scenes to get these to the membership.... just needs a little time and patience..

a few pre order deposits to fund the bulk purchase would not go amiss either...
I don't mind putting some money in but I need to know folks will want them after I do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin1972 View Post
These new screens look great. Really good job.

Can I clarify the replacement process... I have a CDT with reverse sensor. If you posted me one of these brand new units, what would I do next?
not a lot, you need to post your IPK to me or come for a half day visit...

Last edited by Dragrad; 3rd January 2016 at 02:35.. Reason: Consecutive posts - use the edit or Multi-quote :-)
klarzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 11:24   #52
Martin1972
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy-dials.com View Post
not a lot, you need to post your IPK to me or come for a half day visit...
So some tech/software wizardry is necessary? It's not simply a case of soldering it in to replace the old one?
Martin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 11:31   #53
scoubix
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5L V6 auto Connoisseur, "Dealer Launch" LHD / MG ZT-T 260 auto

Quote:
already on it...

loads going on behind the scenes to get these to the membership.... just needs a little time and patience..

I don't mind putting some money in but I need to know folks will want them after I do...
Peter, let me just say that I really appreciate your efforts in trying to source these screens at a better price. You should be commended for that, really. And I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking that way. My own screen on my launch car has been showing random lines for a couple of years now, and even though I would probably get it delined, the prospect of replacing the screen altogether is a much better option.
Once the outcome of your efforts is known, should any group order be made to ease the process, just count me in.

Cheers
Nicolas
Old 2nd January 2016, 11:33   #54
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin1972 View Post
So some tech/software wizardry is necessary? It's not simply a case of soldering it in to replace the old one?
It is a soldering / desoldering job but not for the feint hearted, I also add some parts to the assembly which help ensure a longer life for the new parts...
Old 2nd January 2016, 11:53   #55
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
already on it...

I would be wanting 2 once its set up assuming you meet the target price mentioned above. Must admit what i am most nervous about is shipping the ipk in the post. I am on the look out for some sturdy packaging and protection.

Are you going to start a pre-order list thread or is it too soon?
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 12:02   #56
Martin1972
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

This seems the way forward to me, so I'm in for a group purchase when the time comes.

And I'm happy to pay a reasonable deposit once the figures are finalised.
Martin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 12:07   #57
neilyh
Loves to post

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Hi Neil

Thanks for the offer but it is going to take longer than that to get a reasonable price sourced from China, I would LOVE to be in a position to offer these repairs for 100.00 or less but the parts cost way way more than that...

Also I would hate to put you in a position of going through customs with a suitcase full of electronics with a duty due on them.... bad for you and bad for us if the goods are impounded...

great offer though...
No worries Pete - you haven't seen my shopping list for other 'goodies' whilst on HK. Might need to charter my own plane for this trip...

Quote:
already on it...

Hi Pete - count me in for a deposit (will also be coming to you for a deline soon but have the reassurance of a new one is too good an offer.

Last edited by Dragrad; 3rd January 2016 at 02:36.. Reason: Consecutive posts - use the edit or Multi-quote :-)
neilyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 12:19   #58
minty2
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
if you have 4 days when you don't need your car I can do it by post.. but you will not be able to drive it...
Never tried removing an IPK myself. Don't mind the trip down as I have family in London. Actually, you might be able to help improve the console lighting which I find very weak. I also wish the steering wheel switches had night lighting! Hard to understand why Rover skimped on that.

Last edited by minty2; 2nd January 2016 at 12:24.. Reason: Incomplete
minty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 11:50   #59
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

one of my customers just realised they needed PDC and the one unit I have left with a brand new screen is non PDC...

So, one still for sale...

Amber lighting
Petrol or diesel
Non PDC

guaranteed for 24 months...

£200.00 fitted or supplied by post with virgin program for T4 install

If you want to do the message centre upgrade I will throw in the button stalk for free...

K
Old 3rd January 2016, 13:16   #60
versus
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V6 Auto, 2000 year

Good job Pete! Looks great!
I think you must to negociate with other sellers. I discussed with one of them and he offered me $41 for 1 LCD if I buy 100 pcs.
You can contact him, this is the link http://allway.en.gasgoo.com/auto-products/2255348.html
If you want I can write him that you will contact him.

Of course $41 is without import taxex in UK and maybe without postage. I don't know about postage because I told him my address and asked him for final price. And maybe this $4100 ($41 x 100) already include postage.
I don't think the postage with DHL or UPS must be more than $30-40 for 100 or even 1000 of such small things. I bought few times from China items in big boxex and the postage price from DHL were not more than $30-50.
versus is offline   Reply With Quote