Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15th May 2016, 21:54   #21
Daveluck
Gets stuck in

75 saloon 2.0 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Threads don't get closed because of TOAF, they get closed because of your attitude
Seems to me threads get closed because people deliberately post off topic and inflammatory remarks.

Rather than closing the threads down wouldnt it just be better to remove the offending posts somthat those of us who want to learn about toaf and use it can.
Old 15th May 2016, 21:59   #22
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveluck View Post
Seems to me threads get closed because people deliberately post off topic and inflammatory remarks.

Rather than closing the threads down wouldnt it just be better to remove the offending posts somthat those of us who want to learn about toaf and use it can.
Yeah,

Those traders on here who have helped members for years and pay for the privilege of doing so...... they shouldn't feel the need to be upset by others coming along and stealing their livelihoods should they?
Old 15th May 2016, 22:02   #23
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:

If you want to learn about TOAF, I would suggest using the relevant forum, ie, the Toaf forum, as atm, we can't endorse its use until all glitches are removed. Use at your own risk
Old 15th May 2016, 22:27   #24
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by longer86 View Post
Real life, everything should be for free, all people should be equal , no millioners and homeless people. Real paradise

Chargeable 160 remap...ok
But why to pay for stock remap 130bhp?
I think this option will be next free available "bug" in toaf
Christ on a bike, I thought Communism went out the door with Lech Walesa.

Nothing in life is free, except perhaps the air you breathe

Anyway, I like your new signature

Brian
Old 15th May 2016, 22:32   #25
Daveluck
Gets stuck in

75 saloon 2.0 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
If you want to learn about TOAF, I would suggest using the relevant forum, ie, the Toaf forum, as atm, we can't endorse its use until all glitches are removed. Use at your own risk
So I'm now completely confused. You seem to be implying that we shouldn't be asking questions about toaf on this forum? Surely that can't be the case?

The original question was quite straight forward. Can toaf do a 135 remap? The vast majority of the responses are just not on topic.
Old 15th May 2016, 23:01   #26
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
I am only waiting when this thread will be closed as almost thread about toaf, and loaf for someone.

X power upgrade? Huh facelifted cdti rovers and mg's have 135 as standard.

Coolcat. Yes I want to hijack Brian's diagram, convert this jpg to binary and write into ecu... This will cause what you pray for, bricked ecu...

Why most of people here behave like Texas rangers?
Maciej, not all facelifted Rovers and MG models have the 131 tune as standard, in fact one of my own cars, a late 2004 model was a 116PS.

It is not free, however not expensive either, in fact here is the current price of the X-Power upgrade, which of course excludes the installation costs VUF000010

Now consider this, this upgrade is supplied by the very people who supply Rover parts worldwide XPart, and how do you think they would feel about you offering this upgrade gratis

Now we are not talking about a back street garage here, nor £5 leads and software written by a hobbyist, we are talking about a multi million pound outfit, owned by an even larger company.

You will find they take a dim view of the sort of antics you are proposing.

The top and bottom of the matter is this, the advocates of TOAF have treated T4 operators with complete disdain, as you so eloquently put it, morons, blind, money grabbing cartel etc etc, and TOAF's creator Marcin, went on about how stupid T4 is, you can't even program used keys into the BCU without it.

Well here is a bit of news for you, I've been able to produce fully working keys for the past five years, and for the past three using Phil-T4's toolkit, have been able to programme remotes directly to the BCU without using T4, beating TOAF to the finish line by some margin.

Phil, unlike Marcin is a very unassuming man, and simply does these things because he can, and not a cynical ploy to make money from fellow owners.

Quite frankly, I don't give one jot whether TOAF is ridden with bugs, breaks peoples cars, or makes Marcin a millionaire, because it doesn't affect me one way or the other, however on this forum there are people who pay to trade, and free in one format or another, this system is being touted with pay to enable add ons, or paypal subscriptions to the TOAF website, and asking for payment in return for a service is trading I'm afraid.

Not one of you have had the decency to even subscribe in any format to this forum, never mind a traders subscription, so why not get it through your skull that even if you think you are doing this for all of the right reasons, you must still comply with the club rules on trading.

End of story.

Now there are many other platforms that you can tout TOAF on, but not at the expense of the traders on this forum.

Brian

Quote:
So I'm now completely confused. You seem to be implying that we shouldn't be asking questions about toaf on this forum? Surely that can't be the case?

The original question was quite straight forward. Can toaf do a 135 remap? The vast majority of the responses are just not on topic.
Dave, if TOAF is used apply an XPower diesel tune Upgrade, it is in direct copywrite breach of XPart intellectual property, and can be treated in the same way as talking about counterfeit RAVE technical manuals.

Personally I wouldn't bother trying, as I don't personally think flashing an ECU with a £5 lead is worth the risk, especially given where you are located.

Playing with body control options is one thing, but if you crash your ECM flash during bootstrap programming, it's goodnight Vienna, and no amount of saved backups are going to help then

Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder View Post
How many traders on here work out of Galicia?
Well I never did work out of Galicia Craig, but when I was trading I have had customers from Greece, Portugal, Spain, Australia, Ireland, and even Jamaica.

There is a red cylinder about 20" in diameter with a black base, and five foot tall, with a slot in the front which enables this to happen, and if this isn't suitable there normally is a shop next to the red cylinder owned by the same outfit with the ability to handle larger parcels

Brian

Last edited by Dragrad; 16th May 2016 at 00:55.. Reason: Consecutive posts - use the edit or Multi-quote :-)
Old 15th May 2016, 23:24   #27
longer86
Taking time out

R75

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Maciej, not all facelifted Rovers and MG models have the 131 tune as standard, in fact one of my own cars, a late 2004 model was a 116PS.

It is not free, however not expensive either, in fact here is the current price of the X-Power upgrade, which of course excludes the installation costs VUF000010

Now consider this, this upgrade is supplied by the very people who supply Rover parts worldwide XPart, and how do you think they would feel about you offering this upgrade gratis

Now we are not talking about a back street garage here, nor £5 leads and software written by a hobbyist, we are talking about a multi million pound outfit, owned by an even larger company.

You will find they take a dim view of the sort of antics you are proposing.

The top and bottom of the matter is this, the advocates of TOAF have treated T4 operators with complete disdain, as you so eloquently put it, morons, blind, money grabbing cartel etc etc, and TOAF's creator Marcin, went on about how stupid T4 is, you can't even program used keys into the BCU without it.

Well here is a bit of news for you, I've been able to produce fully working keys for the past five years, and for the past three using Phil-T4's toolkit, have been able to programme remotes directly to the BCU without using T4, beating TOAF to the finish line by some margin.

Phil, unlike Marcin is a very unassuming man, and simply does these things because he can, and not a cynical ploy to make money from fellow owners.

Quite frankly, I don't give one jot whether TOAF is ridden with bugs, breaks peoples cars, or makes Marcin a millionaire, because it doesn't affect me one way or the other, however on this forum there are people who pay to trade, and free in one format or another, this system is being touted with pay to enable add ons, or paypal subscriptions to the TOAF website, and asking for payment in return for a service is trading I'm afraid.

Not one of you have had the decency to even subscribe in any format to this forum, never mind a traders subscription, so why not get it through your skull that even if you think you are doing this for all of the right reasons, you must still comply with the club rules on trading.

End of story.

Now there are many other platforms that you can tout TOAF on, but not at the expense of the traders on this forum.

Brian
There was CDT and CDTi, CDTi isn't xpower upgrade, cdti Is stock map, and secondly you should know that there was difference in bhp between early models and face lifted.

You are trying to scary me? Did you go to report that to them as you usual do?

Go report this situation to moderators, every thread with toaf word should be deleted, toaf added to naughty word dictionary and my account should be blocked or suspended... I don't care.

I came here with information about toaf freeware. But from the beginning I was attacked. Everything is about money and nick color, even when giving free software.
Old 15th May 2016, 23:26   #28
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Well I never did work out of Galicia Craig, but when I was trading I have had customers from Greece, Portugal, Spain, Australia, Ireland, and even Jamaica.

There is a red cylinder about 20" in diameter with a black base, and five foot tall, with a slot in the front which enables this to happen, and if this isn't suitable there normally is a shop next to the red cylinder owned by the same outfit with the ability to handle larger parcels

Brian
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
Old 15th May 2016, 23:40   #29
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
There was CDT and CDTi, CDTi isn't xpower upgrade, cdti Is stock map, and secondly you should know that there was difference in bhp between early models and face lifted.

You are trying to scary me? Did you go to report that to them as you usual do?

Go report this situation to moderators, every thread with toaf word should be deleted, toaf added to naughty word dictionary and my account should be blocked or suspended... I don't care.

I came here with information about toaf freeware. But from the beginning I was attacked. Everything is about money and nick color, even when giving free software.
You are right, I do know a little bit about the standard mapping files used in DDE4, your car for instance if a manual variant came out of the factory fitted with an NNN100692 ECM, with tune assembly NNW001520, ie 116PS, if it had been anywhere near a T4 post 2003, it would have had a mandatory tune upgrade to NNW001521........also 116PS

My car a facelift came out of the factory fitted with an NNN500340 ECM with tune assembly NNW006140 also 116PS

The X-Power upgrade is in the case of your car NNW005990, ie 131PS, and in the case of a facelift car NNW005991 also 131PS, but EOBD compliant

There are other tunes pertaining to traction control, and what have you, but I don't need to tell you that do I, you seem to have it all sewn up...........after all Rover isn't NASA is it?

Yes TOAF is freeware, but as soon as you talk about having to pay for keys, and tune upgrades it becomes trading, why can you not understand that, this is also not rocket science

Brian
Old 15th May 2016, 23:44   #30
scoubix
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5L V6 auto Connoisseur, "Dealer Launch" LHD / MG ZT-T 260 auto

Quote:
There was CDT and CDTi, CDTi isn't xpower upgrade, cdti Is stock map
CDTi is, actually, the exact same map as the Xpower 135 one. Bit for bit. You may call it "stock map" but it was released as XPower 135 by Xpart so that CDT cars (the 116Ps cars) could be upgraded to the same level of performance as the CDTi ones.

As Brian mentioned, the Xpower 135 tune is copyrighted by XPart, so if TOAF was to use this binary map to allow users to tune their ECUs, this would be copyright infringement. Period. End of the discussion. You can turn it all the way you like, that's just basic and indisputable fact.
Closed Thread