Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th July 2018, 15:53   #11
bilsan330
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Estate

Default water leak

I just want to thank everybody on here especially LOVEL who posted photos..The mystery of the water loss is down to me filling it up too much.It was only after LOVEL sent the photos I could see the level required.
What I can see now and understand is the expansion tank looks empty when you take the cap off. You could easily fall into the trap that there is no water in it...
A big worry for me has now been sorted..

Thanks all on Rover site.
bilsan330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2018, 18:25   #12
bilsan330
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Estate

Default water leak

[QUOTE=Lovel;2653217]Ignore the coolant level sensor fitted in my tank as yours wont have that but you can see the MIN and MAX levels in both photos. The photo with the coolant level is at the MIN level which is well below the fins. Top of tank removed during experimentation of sensor fit.

Actually if you remove the cap and shine a torch inside and view at the right hand end of the coolant tank near the two mounting spigots there are min and max marker levels there too which you can only see fluid level with a torch. The original design was intended to have a coolant level sensor but never made production, hence the tanks are made of material that you cant really see through.

Thank you very much for your very informative advise...I have found the two markers which I never new was there....so it looks like I have been overfilling the tank...
bilsan330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2018, 19:24   #13
Brunty
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

When I first joined the forum I thought that my car was losing coolant, although I had receipt for new Cylinder head, gasket, stretch bolts cam belt, water pump, I kept on losing coolant! New cap from Rimmers etc. I eventually found out where the max level is, car does not lose a drop. I was worrying about nothing.
Brunty is offline   Reply With Quote