Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th November 2020, 12:58   #11
RAY OF THE ROVERS
Avid contributor

rover 75 tourer

Try Direct Line, they don't do comparison websites. I am 69 and have 2003 cdti tourer, l pay £220 and it hasn't moved in price for the last 4 years. Worth a phone call. Their TV ads are awful, but their prices are awesome.
RAY OF THE ROVERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2020, 13:24   #12
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Insurance is a company that can charge you what they like. And if you accept it, that’s your own fault. Not you personally, but you know what I mean. I have no ‘loyalty’ to any insurance company, and every year I phone round to get the best quote. Yes that’s right, I phone. I also use the net, but find phoning gives me the best result. Brokers and insurance companies know what they are upto. That’s why they are still making big profits. Anyone phoning up now should ask, ‘ are you going to give me a reduction for the less miles I am doing because of this corona virus’? They usually don’t like people generally who only cover small mileage.
I'm doing about 40% more this year as I'm having to cover "isolating/shielding/can't be bothered to turn up" types.

One problem is mixing classic and others on the one policy. Due to the above I didn't have time to shop around and thus got stung by Adrian Flux (+£100). Next year I hope to find time to do some action on the issue (perhaps split classic on one policy and new & old on another,

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2020, 20:09   #13
ryszard
Gets stuck in

Moonstone diesel,X351 Jaguar and now MG ZT 260

Hi,since Churchill insure my house I have taken out a policy with them for my 2001 75 diesel saloon,and another on my Jaguar.The Rover is £165 on 5000 annual mileage with 6 years no claim bonus,£70 cheaper than my renewal quote with esure whom I had been with for the last couple of years.Regards Ry....
ryszard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2020, 20:54   #14
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY OF THE ROVERS View Post
Try Direct Line, they don't do comparison websites. I am 69 and have 2003 cdti tourer, l pay £220 and it hasn't moved in price for the last 4 years. Worth a phone call. Their TV ads are awful, but their prices are awesome.
Well, that made me sit up, I get mine for £200, Tesco bank keeps topping the charts for me on Confused, Go Compare etc. Will certainly check out Direct Line next time around.
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote