Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th December 2020, 22:55   #11
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

I reckon The Mods, if any are awake at the moment, are laughing their socks off. And sharpening their quill pens.
Old 16th December 2020, 07:01   #12
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

No, not laughing or sharpening our quills.
Just reflecting that your dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. Also a small wry smile perhaps that folk only ever see their own posts as balanced and moderate and that it's always the other person who posts ill-advisedly.

Such is the life of a mod, all the criticism, all the advice on what we should do, all the the looking through threads and trying to keep things on an even keel, all the why did you do this and it's not me it's him, is worthwhile if it helps keep our wonderful cars on the road.

Personally speaking I'm just looking forward to the next big meet where we can all get together and have a laugh, discuss our cars and do the things we used to take for granted.

Last edited by Simondi; 16th December 2020 at 07:06..
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2020, 16:12   #13
Westonboy
Posted a thing or two

Honda Jazz

Whilst recognising the merits of open frank debate I do think that a small number of members knowingly start contentious posts, usually prefaced by"I dont want this to turn into a political debate", knowing full well that it inevitabely will. The reverberations then go on for days, putting mods in an onerous position, on what is after all primarily a car forum for owners to benefit from all its accumulated knowledge. Just my opinion.
Westonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2021, 23:23   #14
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
I reckon The Mods, if any are awake at the moment, are laughing their socks off. And sharpening their quill pens.
I'm a bit worried by the absence of our Wraymond.--His last three posts are in this thread.--Now the 30th January and no sign of his normal input anywhere.-----( 15th December. )

Does anyone have a contact number for him ???
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2021, 09:19   #15
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

He's not logged onto the forum since December, I've sent him an email asking if he is ok.

I hope he is
Old 1st February 2021, 14:10   #16
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
He's not logged onto the forum since December, I've sent him an email asking if he is ok.

I hope he is
Please let us know if you hear from him.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2021, 19:43   #17
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
I've known him take the occasional break from posting before Jon.Let's hope it's nothing more serious than that. I doubt any other member has a number for him,he seems a particularly private man to me.
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2021, 20:18   #18
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Will do but I've not heard back as of yet
Old 2nd February 2021, 15:10   #19
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
I've known him take the occasional break from posting before Jon.Let's hope it's nothing more serious than that. I doubt any other member has a number for him,he seems a particularly private man to me.
I agree about Ray having an occasional break away from the forum. Over the years I met Ray and Celia his wife a couple of times at the National Meets, I didn’t get their number. Let’s hope Ray sees our concerns and lets us know everything is okay.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2021, 14:59   #20
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Happy to say reports of my possible demise are slightly exaggerated!

I’m touched by the concern for my well-being and my sincere thanks to all for the interest. I’m alive and, if not kicking, very well. Round about the middle of December I became, er, indisposed and could only select reverse gear (metaphorically). Didn’t even open the pc until today.

Fortunately all is well now and back to normal. Today is my first visit here since the last one and I tried to answer other kind pm enquiries but mysteriously failed (?). Had to check my pulse then.

Fortunately it was nothing to do with the current malady, all the family are so far able to run faster than ever and even with my short legs I’m too fast (or good) for it.

I am however getting persistent phone calls from the surgery, earnestly concerned about why I haven’t yet appointed for my preferential jab.
The last call was today, and I hope it was in fact the last one. I suggested to the tender teenager who called me he might want to get a quick sight of my notes. There he will see that I have never ever been vaccinated/immunised/inoculated, nor even injected with anything, in my life and I intend to follow the rest of it in that vein. I was gentle, if firm.

On another note, not a private man. Have lead a busy bustling business life in commerce with literally hundreds of viciously competitive colleagues and patrons, several charitable/social organisations, a short but intense and dissolute Rock ‘n Roll foray, boy did I enjoy that to the full, and 20 years in my own business in niche craft/retail including teaching. Just modest. Obvs.

Now just got to understand why I can’t pm.

Last edited by wraymond; 8th February 2021 at 15:01..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote