Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 31st January 2021, 22:17   #21
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

I have it as an extra on insurance with LV. Paid off as the clutch slave failed a few weeks back when I was nearly 100 miles from home (during the brief lockdown reprieve).
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2021, 13:15   #22
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
I know this gets asked a lot but who at the moment is a good company for cover? We live in the middle of nowhere so I’m with the RAC. They cover me and my son rather than any of the cars and will bring the cars back home rather than to the nearest garage, they also don’t have an age restriction on the vehicles but the renewal is just short of £300 which seems expensive?
Open up a flex plus joint bank account with Nationwide ( no fees and you don't have to transfer any accounts or anything) pay the extra (about £13 a month) for their insurance policy and you both get covered individually for breakdowns home start, relay, onward car hire and accommodation.

Plus worldwide travel insurance for holidays. mobile phone insurance and if I remember correctly key insurance and stuff ( check on that)

So for about £160 a year you'd both be covered for your cars, holiday travel, phone and whatever else the policy covers.

Half the price of what you've been quoted for just your current breakdown deal.

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/product...reakdown-cover

Last edited by bendrick; 1st February 2021 at 13:18..
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2021, 13:43   #23
mor75
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T (black Pearl) & Orange MG ZT-T Auto (Grove)

i got my own recovery truck so if your ever in need of help i can give you my details
mor75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2021, 14:01   #24
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

I have personal cover for myself and Deanna on a joint membership with the AA for £119 but did get it on a black friday deal. The previous year was just over £100.

The cover includes home start, national recovery and if they can't fix the car at the roadside they'll recover it to any location of my choice in the UK.

Personal cover works out much better when you have a few cars, as we're covered in any car we're in.

I've only had to call out the AA once, and they were good and arrived in around an hour which I thought wasn't bad considering I wasn't an emergency breakdown as I was safely parked in a carpark.

Previously I was with RAC, had to call them out twice and were quick and great both times. Just AA offered a cheaper deal so switched to them a couple years ago.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2021, 16:09   #25
actros
Subscribed Member

20lt 75conny se Damson red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
I have personal cover for myself and Deanna on a joint membership with the AA for £119 but did get it on a black friday deal. The previous year was just over £100.

The cover includes home start, national recovery and if they can't fix the car at the roadside they'll recover it to any location of my choice in the UK.

Personal cover works out much better when you have a few cars, as we're covered in any car we're in.

I've only had to call out the AA once, and they were good and arrived in around an hour which I thought wasn't bad considering I wasn't an emergency breakdown as I was safely parked in a carpark.

Previously I was with RAC, had to call them out twice and were quick and great both times. Just AA offered a cheaper deal so switched to them a couple years ago.
Just go my renewal from green flag for both cars top of the range and euro cover £224 not bad at all .
Old 1st February 2021, 16:45   #26
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I used to be with the AA years ago but rather went off them when I called them out and had to give the AA guy one of my spare fuses for his van!

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2021, 17:24   #27
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

I phoned the RAC on the way home from work with every intention to cancel They matched the AA offer, gave me free key insurance and 3 months free cover. I should of probably went with the AA on principle but happy with the new quote. Hopefully now I won’t need to use them.....

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2021, 22:46   #28
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

I am looking at the moment but the company I have been with , Green Flag, wont cover cars over 15 years old, and 2 of mine the 75 and Freelander are both over that so no point me renewing with them.

I have been on the comparison sites but not yet found anything suitable either by covering all 3 cars I have, or going down the personal route and insuring myself and swmbo for any car we are in either driving or as a passenger

I am finding that it pays to look at the small print for example advertised "Home Start" is if you are at least 1/4 mile from your home when you breakdown, " National Recovery " means that they will come out anywhere to attend to you, but may only then take you 20 miles max to a garage for repair, not back home or to a garage of your choice, even when it says they will recover you anywhere, it usually adds if a suitable garage cannot be found, so what does that mean ?

I guess I am like a lot of owners on here I just want the assurance that if one of my cars breaks down anywhere in the UK and cant be fixed by the roadside, I know I can get it back home where I can then decide if I can fix it myself or draw on friends to help or take it to a local garage that I know and trust but at the moment I cant find a policy that guarantees that national recovery means they will take me anywhere in the UK I choose, which in effect would only be back home.

My 3rd car is a Jag and in the event of breakdown I wouldn't want to be taken to a main Jaguar garage, their labour rates are £150+ per hour

Footnote: I have now found what I want with both RAC and AA and both are £18 per month so just need to decode which one to go for. When I looked at the comparison sites earlier AA were not part of them and although there were quotes from the RAC, they did not provide the same cover as I can get by going direct

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 5th February 2021 at 23:28..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2021, 00:30   #29
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

I agree Trebor, it is a minefield checking out what is what with breakdown cover.
As we have 4 cars and a motorcycle In the household, I went for a personal cover.

I plumped for GEM Motoring assist, as they came across as the most transparent, with:-
Cover is for any age vehicle.
National breakdown is to a destination of your choice.
Home start and within a quarter of a mile is included.
No automatic renewal.
Top rated in surveys.

It might not be for everyone, but for around £80 pa it suits my needs.

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2021, 18:54   #30
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendrick View Post
Open up a flex plus joint bank account with Nationwide ( no fees and you don't have to transfer any accounts or anything) pay the extra (about £13 a month) for their insurance policy and you both get covered individually for breakdowns home start, relay, onward car hire and accommodation.

Plus worldwide travel insurance for holidays. mobile phone insurance and if I remember correctly key insurance and stuff ( check on that)

So for about £160 a year you'd both be covered for your cars, holiday travel, phone and whatever else the policy covers.

Half the price of what you've been quoted for just your current breakdown deal.

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/product...reakdown-cover
I have a packaged account with RBS which gives similar cover. I didn't realise however that Green Flag didn't cover cars over 15 years old. Going to have to look into that. All my three vehicles are just over 15 years old now.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote