Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th March 2021, 17:21   #1
minty2
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Default DMGRS supplied exhaust fitted

Anyone thinking of whether to replace their old backbox with the one supplied by DMGRS (from China) need have no worries about the difference it makes to the sound of the car. It's far quieter than the usual aftermarket offerings. The only issue on the Tourer is with fitting, which requires cutting and extending pipes and finding the best place to put the retaining clamp. My mechanic struggled with it but managed. It's not the same as the original that came with the car; no double-skin so its longevity isn't likely to match it, but definitely a worthwhile improvement. I even like the slightly protruding tail pipes on mine now!
minty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2021, 08:38   #2
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

That is good news & thank you for posting the update.

Are you not getting any noise where the tailpipe is tucked behind the valance on the bumper please?

It may be the photo but it looks as though the pipes are behind the bumper rather than protruding (hence the question).
mh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2021, 09:38   #3
minty2
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh007 View Post
That is good news & thank you for posting the update.

Are you not getting any noise where the tailpipe is tucked behind the valance on the bumper please?

It may be the photo but it looks as though the pipes are behind the bumper rather than protruding (hence the question).
Yes, the top of the pipes are tucked just inside the valance rather than protruding beyond it, but if it is generating noise, it's still less than before so I'm happy with it. I didn't want anything cut off the bumper or the pipes extending too far or downward.
Old 25th March 2021, 10:36   #4
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

That's good to know.
I had a local garage lined up to fit my DMGRS box (Powell's in Redruth), who had a good reputation for exhausts. They already removed the s/s backbox fitted previously which was too noisy for me and put on another design, but although better, it's still too noisy. Unfortunately for me, Mr Powell decided to retire and the family sold the premises to the South West ambulance service, so the DMGRS exhaust is still waiting. Covid of course hasn't helped anyone get anything done, but I'm re-energised to getting it fitted now.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2021, 16:07   #5
minty2
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
That's good to know.
I had a local garage lined up to fit my DMGRS box (Powell's in Redruth), who had a good reputation for exhausts. They already removed the s/s backbox fitted previously which was too noisy for me and put on another design, but although better, it's still too noisy. Unfortunately for me, Mr Powell decided to retire and the family sold the premises to the South West ambulance service, so the DMGRS exhaust is still waiting. Covid of course hasn't helped anyone get anything done, but I'm re-energised to getting it fitted now.
Hope you find someone to fit it. It was quite a fiddle according to my mechanic. He suggested that I have a stainless steel exhaust fitted next time (if there is a next time) as they can be tuned, or so he says. He wasn't that impressed by the Chinese box, but there's no denying it's much quieter and if I'm happy then he's happy!
Old 25th March 2021, 22:34   #6
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minty2 View Post
Hope you find someone to fit it. It was quite a fiddle according to my mechanic. He suggested that I have a stainless steel exhaust fitted next time (if there is a next time) as they can be tuned, or so he says. He wasn't that impressed by the Chinese box, but there's no denying it's much quieter and if I'm happy then he's happy!
FYI, Jezzer on here was looking at a SS version of your DMGRS box (I've got one on order with Mat but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm informed quit soon that it's now stuck somewhere on the Suez Canal!). I recently PM'd Jezzer about progress but I've heard nowt in return so far
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2021, 14:14   #7
minty2
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab60bit View Post
FYI, Jezzer on here was looking at a SS version of your DMGRS box (I've got one on order with Mat but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm informed quit soon that it's now stuck somewhere on the Suez Canal!). I recently PM'd Jezzer about progress but I've heard nowt in return so far
Supplies from abroad are being subject to delays caused by Covid, Brexit and if it’s not cleared soon, the Suez Canal. And the recent upgrade in our spat with the Chinese Communist Party isn’t likely to help matters either!