Old 17th May 2021, 20:18   #761
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
OK Clive, whatever you say.

For the sake of reference, the 'donkeys' term is from an historian writing about the Infantry in WW1 and describing them and their leaders respectively as "Lions led by donkeys". Yet another classic adventure which led to many deaths for which the surviving leaders escaped penalty. Apt, just differing personnel.
And as can be seen from the posts in this thread differences in opinion on a number of un-proved or un-provable circumstances.
Old 18th May 2021, 09:56   #762
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
thanks to the Chinese seeing the Pangolin as a delicacy

Yay! let's take a scientific theory and yet again present it as it proven fact.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Old 18th May 2021, 10:16   #763
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Old 18th May 2021, 10:22   #764
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Is that wishful thinking Fred?
Old 18th May 2021, 11:49   #765
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Quote:
Is that wishful thinking Fred?
.....countdown to closing!
Old 18th May 2021, 11:53   #766
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

I think for most of us, the desperate situation in India is foggied by the population numbers , I thank my Mum and Dad that I live here in England.
Old 19th May 2021, 10:42   #767
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default 2nd Injection

today we both had our second injections, will report back if any side effects, remember look after yourselves no one else will stay safe out there.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Old 19th May 2021, 13:19   #768
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Well it won’t be long now before we are all basking in those sunlit uplands of vaccinated purity. Even the Army is subject to mass hysteria it seems. REME, that bastion of courageous heroism and derring do, is now in the process of having standing orders to comply or face an involuntary demob.

If a squaddie refuses the vaccine he may be deemed as unfit to be a soldier and, er, ‘dealt with accordingly’. It’s part of the military covenant that the army cannot force soldiers to get vaccinated, but being ‘unfit to soldier’ is an offence anyway under the Armed Forces Act. Irresistible. So what would anyone do if they faced a dishonourable discharge coupled with the loss of the Services’ married quarters home?

Reports now appearing about moves being made elsewhere to socially isolate the unvaccinated by having to wear identifiable and traceable markers. How long before ankle tag/bracelets are compulsory?

There is a most unedifying climate change about to overcome us, based on fear of an unproven malady. The one thing that remains is the freedom of choice, but it is bit by acidic bit eroded by derogatory and gutter references to ‘Refusenicks’ etc. (Yesterday’s D. Mail banner headline).
Old 19th May 2021, 14:34   #769
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Well it won’t be long now before we are all basking in those sunlit uplands of vaccinated purity. Even the Army is subject to mass hysteria it seems. REME, that bastion of courageous heroism and derring do, is now in the process of having standing orders to comply or face an involuntary demob.

If a squaddie refuses the vaccine he may be deemed as unfit to be a soldier and, er, ‘dealt with accordingly’. It’s part of the military covenant that the army cannot force soldiers to get vaccinated, but being ‘unfit to soldier’ is an offence anyway under the Armed Forces Act. Irresistible. So what would anyone do if they faced a dishonourable discharge coupled with the loss of the Services’ married quarters home?

Reports now appearing about moves being made elsewhere to socially isolate the unvaccinated by having to wear identifiable and traceable markers. How long before ankle tag/bracelets are compulsory?

There is a most unedifying climate change about to overcome us, based on fear of an unproven malady. The one thing that remains is the freedom of choice, but it is bit by acidic bit eroded by derogatory and gutter references to ‘Refusenicks’ etc. (Yesterday’s D. Mail banner headline).

When i joined up part of the basic induction was getting all your vaccinations for things like yellow fever etc. There was no question even then that anyone would refuse as the choice would be to leave the process so i don't see that anything has changed! (apart from the larger tin foil brigade)

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Old 19th May 2021, 18:27   #770
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

What is unedifying (demoralising if you prefer) is the seemingly inexorable slide into state control (climate change) of every aspect of private life. And worst of all, all on the back of fear of death by blackmail using the tools of unproven causes while looking over the heads of others with urgent needs.

Exaggeration? By itself – yes. Taken together with other social seismic changes (consider the huge loss of status in the police ‘service’ among others) it will all go down as a major retrograde step. Naa, leap.

Minority? Current figures show 38% done. Just over one third? Most of those are the older age groups with presumably a wider wisdom? A minority?

There is a majority, on their figures and by extrapolation 62%, of non-vaccinateds, yet every page of every newspaper and every TV prog is now carrying exhortations to ‘get your jab’ with lurid terminology designed to put them in fear etc,etc. That’s apart from the offensive practice of derogatory name calling. So, an attempt at social isolation as a spur to comply? It all seems very desperate.

My faith goes to those I hold in esteem. To put blind faith into the present leaders, who incidentally have no opposition, is not for me thanks.