Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th June 2021, 20:48   #1
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts
Default Edinburgh Introducing LEZ

Edinburgh is creating a LEZ in the centre of the city taking effect next spring. Any diesels not Euro 6 emissions compliant (generally pre Sept 2015) and petrol not Euro 4 emissions compliant (generally pre Jan 2006) will be banned. Fines will not be introduced immediately, they'll be held off until 2024. Older trucks and non compliant buses will also be banned, local bus company reckons all their vehicles will be OK by the end of this year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...-fife-57452499

Won't really bother me, Edinburgh has been anti car for a long time, no idea last time I had the car up into town. Got my old fartz bus pass now anyway.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2021, 04:10   #2
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Auld Reekie city centre is not a nice place to drive at the best of times. Cutting down on emissions will make it a much nicer place to be
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2021, 07:04   #3
newhavenhibby
Avid contributor

JDM Subaru Legacy GTB6 twin turbo,, JDM Subaru Impreza WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Edinburgh is creating a LEZ in the centre of the city taking effect next spring. Any diesels not Euro 6 emissions compliant (generally pre Sept 2015) and petrol not Euro 4 emissions compliant (generally pre Jan 2006) will be banned. Fines will not be introduced immediately, they'll be held off until 2024. Older trucks and non compliant buses will also be banned, local bus company reckons all their vehicles will be OK by the end of this year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...-fife-57452499

Won't really bother me, Edinburgh has been anti car for a long time, no idea last time I had the car up into town. Got my old fartz bus pass now anyway.
Agreed Steve. Never take my car anywhere near the centre of the city so won't affect me and can only be a good thing for the reduction in pollution.

Always use my old fartz pass as well.
Old 13th June 2021, 09:27   #4
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Banned, but fines not in place until 2024. So not banned?

The councils up our way have made great strides into turning city centres into ghost towns most recently with spaces for people malarkey . Take a look at the silver city which has taken a double hit from Covid and Oil. Vast and not very old office buildings being demolished due to extortionate rates = dropping rates collections to fund their greediness and overspending.

Example- industrial unit annual rate (these are tiny) = 2017=£75k, 2018=£135k, that was from our wee pal Derek at Holyrood
I reckon my current employers rates are in the region of £1.5mn, and they have abandoned it last year. This and many other buildings are not sustainable. The council are in for a shock.

You should have also mentioned the workplace parking poll tax which is part of the legislation. In a rural community there is no bus or train and yet the councils are all jumping on this golden climate road to billions in tax revenue. With the change to working from home for some I can tell you that a large V will be given to these overpaid cash hungry pigs when the employees don’t travel to work anymore the councils squandered millions in business will unfold. AFAIK EV’s will also be charged the parking poll tax.

Last edited by Lovel; 13th June 2021 at 09:58..
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2021, 09:56   #5
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

They're going to be rolled out in every major town/city soon, I was reading about Portsmouth CAZ too, 39 ANPR cameras being erected now for the Autumn start.

After 13th July the powers that be in the EU will be making petrol/diesel much more expensive, It's all linked to Paris accord members

"A revision of the EU’s energy taxation directive is also expected to focus on taxing fossil fuels more heavily, including petroleum products."

https://www.euractiv.com/section/ene...e-for-big-oil/

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2021, 10:02   #6
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
They're going to be rolled out in every major town/city soon, I was reading about Portsmouth CAZ too, 39 ANPR cameras being erected now for the Autumn start.
A couple of wraps of detonating cord would fix this or
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2021, 11:15   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Left London some 20 + years ago, even I find the thought of driving into London depressing, it is just so busy.
As for shopping more regularly, you are welcome to it. Been there, done it, doing it, got the tee shirt, hate it.
First things on order when we find a home is a "5ft" tall freezer and "5ft" tall separate fridge.
With the banning of sales for petrol and diesel engines the streets will become less polluted in due course. I am not convinced charging to drive into towns and cites is the way to go, we are already paying money to the government in many ways and all connected with our vehicles.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote