Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 31st January 2021, 08:02   #1
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts
Default Breakdown question?

I know this gets asked a lot but who at the moment is a good company for cover? We live in the middle of nowhere so I’m with the RAC. They cover me and my son rather than any of the cars and will bring the cars back home rather than to the nearest garage, they also don’t have an age restriction on the vehicles but the renewal is just short of £300 which seems expensive?

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2021, 09:11   #2
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

You need to ask them for a big discount, I am with the RAC and paying a lot less than that for similar cover.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2021, 09:19   #3
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
You need to ask them for a big discount, I am with the RAC and paying a lot less than that for similar cover.
It does sound excessive and I’ve only ever called them out once about 5 years ago. I just need some comparisons, I looked a few years ago but a few other companies restricted age so I stayed with the RAC. I have onward travel which I could probably remove up my Son on the policy needs to stay.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
Old 31st January 2021, 09:24   #4
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

That does seem awfully expensive. I have been with the AA for 24 years, and have the Homestart, Relay, and Roadside cover which comes in at £188 p.a.

There are cheaper options I know, but I suppose I'm just a " horses for courses", type.
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2021, 09:46   #5
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroRover View Post
That does seem awfully expensive. I have been with the AA for 24 years, and have the Homestart, Relay, and Roadside cover which comes in at £188 p.a.

There are cheaper options I know, but I suppose I'm just a " horses for courses", type.
I think it went up significantly when I added my Son about two years ago. He commutes to university 45 miles away and for peace of mind it made sense. I’ve stuck with them as you know what your getting but maybe time to shop around?

Old 31st January 2021, 09:59   #6
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

I'm with RAC at the mo, pay monthly, around 150 quid I think. I always get the AA online new member quote at renewal but for last couple of years RAC have beaten it. Maybe they're getting wise to the fact that price trumps loyalty. Had Green Flag for a year, they made no attempt at a roadside fix, just said "Where do you want me to tow you?" Some here like Autoaid but I get a tad iffy about paying out and claiming back costs.
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2021, 10:07   #7
drewbie
Loves to post

Rover 75 Club SE 1.8T 03 plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
I know this gets asked a lot but who at the moment is a good company for cover? We live in the middle of nowhere so I’m with the RAC. They cover me and my son rather than any of the cars and will bring the cars back home rather than to the nearest garage, they also don’t have an age restriction on the vehicles but the renewal is just short of £300 which seems expensive?
Thats the price you pay for being a loyal customer. Have you tried Green Flag?
drewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2021, 10:07   #8
snowman
Avid contributor

rover 75 tourer

hi there i got rac to with me and my daughter on there as well with onward travel home start and cover for my caravan and pay no where near that at last renewal i paid 170.00 you need to haggle with them there first quote was 286.00 told them i could get it cheaper with green flag and i would leave they then came up with new figure good luck
regards paul
snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2021, 10:35   #9
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

RAC, just me alone with cover = roadside rescue, recovery any UK destination, at home (free) £80.00 15 months policy
Must be good
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2021, 10:43   #10
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Try different companies for a quote and then contact RAC and see if they are willing to match or better these quotes, i would resume they would rather than lose you.

Tick the boxes below and see what it would cost you to have the same as you have now?

https://www.theaa.com/breakdown-cover/uk

https://www.rac.co.uk/

https://www.greenflag.com/breakdown-...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 31st January 2021 at 10:57..
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote