Notices

Old 28th June 2021, 22:10   #51
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
In some respects I’m ashamed to be British. I remain a good European and feel that Brexit will be finally judged as a huge mistake.
What are you doing to diminish that shame?? Do tell.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2021, 09:44   #52
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

I think he is ashamed to say.
Old 30th June 2021, 06:37   #53
mbev51
Banned

Removed

I have been suspended a number of times for my views as they obviously are out of sink with the vocal majority of posters on here. I was threatened after I came back after the last suspension with being permanently excluded. I’m walking a tight rope every time I post.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2021, 09:52   #54
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
I have been suspended a number of times for my views as they obviously are out of sink with the vocal majority of posters on here. I was threatened after I came back after the last suspension with being permanently excluded. I’m walking a tight rope every time I post.
Stay civil and state your case/make your point and all should be well.
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2021, 11:33   #55
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

To put into perspective and as it appears to me, it is far from the views being expressed that bring censure but essentially more the way they are presented. I for one wasn’t aware of any banning or warnings and I would hope that any replies made to your comments would be at the very least polite if not in similar vein to your own.

For the record, the thread you assume to have been the most controversial was possibly the longest thread of recent times and was hugely informative and good natured in the main. Mods must have been hovering like, well, never mind what – they might be right now. It was an example of self-management that was almost exemplary!

Occasionally, if it must be stated, some comments seem to invite controversy because they are challenging and could only lead to and produce ‘escalations’ into conflict. That’s not necessarily in itself a rule breaker, but could be seen as an attempt to provoke.

In particular and something which you have chosen not to explain, as is your privilege, was the mention of being ‘ashamed to be British’. That’s a tightrope of your own choosing and would be guaranteed to produce challenges!

If you are talking about historic events being challenged, then that’s a false premise, all generations are only responsible for their own development and no individual is born with the ideals of maturity.

So forget the self-flagellation, self-moderation is invariably better than having to be told!
Old 3rd July 2021, 12:35   #56
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

The BBC! Ah, a pet topic for me. What was once the bastion and promoter of pride in our nationality is now an apologist for the latest pressure group. That noble aim and core value has been usurped by the gobby peddlers of a self-seeking rabble of rag-tag revolutionaries. Or at least that’s what they think they are.

They are succeeding in their quest to control public opinion by blackmail and the BBC is falling over backwards to comply.
For instance, since the downgrading of so-called professional sport into bribery and corruption, oh, and the knee stupidity, I am no longer interested in televised sport at any level because it is corrupt.

On BBC TV (BBC 1 & 2) today there are 22 hours of “sport”. There are other subjects that figure prominently in their programming which hold no interest for me so I object to the threat of prosecution if I choose not to pay for the privilege of not using it. Sarcasm? Oh yes, and boy they deserve it.

Never having had any conviction against me, other than following a speedy route on a motor bike through Frodsham as a youth, and to avoid breaking an unjust law, I pay the licence fee by DD entirely so that I won’t be convicted (so it is coercion). I can cancel that DD at the moment the law changes without losing any ‘unused’ term because you can bet your life they will not refund any overpayments. British Blagging Corporation.