Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th June 2021, 15:33   #1
Grandad Steve

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Water leak

I recently found the drivers side footwells, (front and rear) flooded. This has only happened recently after a humdinger of a rainstorm. I'm pretty sure it leaked forward of the rear seat, maybe around the front bulkhead or door area. I've dried it all out, and looked for traces of watermarks, but non are evident. I'm now in the process of getting a new sensor to fit. The plenum drains are clear, with no sign of water ingress. I've also replaced the drivers door seal, as it was showing signs of wear. Anyone any ideas please?
Cheers
Grandad Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2021, 15:50   #2
paulh260260
Still learning...

Gold 04 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Petrol, Silver 52 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Petrol, 04 BRG Connie 2.5 V6 Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandad Steve View Post
I recently found the drivers side footwells, (front and rear) flooded. This has only happened recently after a humdinger of a rainstorm. I'm pretty sure it leaked forward of the rear seat, maybe around the front bulkhead or door area. I've dried it all out, and looked for traces of watermarks, but non are evident. I'm now in the process of getting a new sensor to fit. The plenum drains are clear, with no sign of water ingress. I've also replaced the drivers door seal, as it was showing signs of wear. Anyone any ideas please?
Cheers
Hi Steve

Does the car have a sunroof? If so I'd plump for the front drain tubes leaking and in which case have a good read of this thread, it explains what to do.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=118622

Paul
paulh260260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2021, 17:38   #3
Grandad Steve

Rover 75 Saloon

No Paul, it doesn't have a sunroof, that's why I'm a bit baffled!!! BTW, I found 2 Connies in a breakers yard. Several good bits. I got a brand new side impact sensor out of one of them, it was the only good sensor on either car, it fixed mine though.
Thanks anyway,
Steve
Grandad Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2021, 21:56   #4
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandad Steve View Post
No Paul, it doesn't have a sunroof, that's why I'm a bit baffled!!! BTW, I found 2 Connies in a breakers yard. Several good bits. I got a brand new side impact sensor out of one of them, it was the only good sensor on either car, it fixed mine though.
Thanks anyway,
Steve
I have the same problem. Water coming in the front of the car, worse on the driver’s side. Seats and carpets out. The seven clips removed and taped over. All bare steel surface rusty (steering column, dashboard supports etc). I’m at a loss and would welcome suggestions. The car does not have a sun roof
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2021, 06:51   #5
biffa75
Trader

Mk1 2004 tourer cdti + MK1 2003 Saloon CDT

Not sure if it's possible? Are both plenum chambers draining water away correctly?
Possibly door seals?
Have you had a replacement screen fitted recently? Just offering possible places too try.
Old 22nd July 2021, 07:16   #6
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffa75 View Post
Not sure if it's possible? Are both plenum chambers draining water away correctly?
Possibly door seals?
Have you had a replacement screen fitted recently? Just offering possible places too try.
Plenum chambers are draining ok but I had wondered if it was the drain on the driver’s side. However to get to it surely the brake servo has to be removed?

Screen. Not replaced in my ownership however despite the car being out of use for over two years the screen has developed two cracks starting from the left bottom corner so I wonder if is a replacement. Did Rover always fit the same brand of windshield, if so what make?

It’s not the door seals as there is water on the toe board above the pedals
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote