Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Items Wanted
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th August 2021, 14:53   #1
JeffH

MG ZT-T

Default ZT 18" Straights Centre Caps

Hi All
Has anybody got or know of any new/as new centre caps for the 18" straights.
Alternatively are there any vendors of the centre emblems so I can refurb my own. The emblems are the same as the steering wheel centre at 78mm wide.
Can't find anything decent on-line, unless I'm looking in the wrong place........!
Regards Jeff
JeffH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2021, 21:25   #2
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

Hello Jeff.

Unfortunately I don't know who produced the original metals badges.

I drew up the design as best I could using AutoCad some time back and sent it to Stickers International to produce a set of dome resin badges.

Unfortunately the dome resin badges are meant to be fixed to a flat surface, so do not adhere properly to the domed surface of the straights wheel centres.

City wheel refurbishment do a good deal on powder coating the wheels and centres, but I am also still trying to find a solution to putting as close to genuine badges back on.

Sorry I can't be more help.
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2021, 15:15   #3
JeffH

MG ZT-T

Hi - thanks for the info. It looks like this has been an ongoing problem for many years, with posts dating back to the noughties. I had the same idea as you - looking to get a small run of the badges done, but the design is so intricate that it would be very difficult to get right in regards to the visual and shape elements.

I see in some old posts that some folk have used the early Rover serpent plain centre which have the 'Hubnut' shape in which an aftermarket MG emblem can be stuck. Looks OEM but obviously not original.

There must be someone in MG Rover procurement that knows where the badges were manufactured in the first place. I am sure that I saw this wheel as part of the Woolfrace range in the 90's with a multicoloured crest badge centre, although I read somewhere on the net that this wheel was a product of an independent manufacturer with a specific model name which I can no longer remember.

Someone will know somewhere........
Regards Jeff
JeffH is offline   Reply With Quote