Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th August 2021, 09:29   #1
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

Default Selling my car

Had my car up for sale on here as I'm off to live in France early September and as I'm in a motorhome can't take the rover with me. To me it's a beautiful car and I still look back when I park up even after 13 years ownership. There has been over 500 views but only one enquiry which came to nothing so can you good chaps tell me in your honest opinion what the problem is. The price I put it on was after looking at various selling platforms and deeming it to be reasonably in line with what a lot were going for. Forum rules state you must put a price but it has always been negotiable and would accept any reasonable offer. Any feedback is gratefully accepted as I am running out of time and don't want to have to scrap it as it's way too good for that,cheers.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=314750
picky747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2021, 10:46   #2
newhavenhibby
Avid contributor

JDM Subaru Legacy GTB6 twin turbo,, JDM Subaru Impreza WRX

Having belonged to several car forums and bought and sold cars have found that owners forums are the least successful. Most people on them already own a car of that marque and are not interested in another unless there is some unusual interest attached to it or its a really silly price! Most people view to see what condition the car is in and try to relate the price asked to what they already have for their own interest. There are also a glut of cheap cars readily available at present. This will obviously diminish as more and more get scrapped and then interest in cars for sale will increase.

In the past year I have sold a car and bought 2 others . None of these were Rovers or MGs but the owners clubs were the last thing on my mind. I have found success on both ebay and autotrader although both avenues do meet with some criticism from people dissatisfied with their own outcomes. You do need some common sense, do your homework especially into the seller or proposed buyer and if you are selling be as honest as you can. You do see on these sites a two line description and 4 fuzzy photos of the exterior. I look for photos ( and ask the seller for them) of not only the outside but also the interior, engine bay and even the underside.

I will also be selling my Rover 75 fairly soon and again will probably go to ebay. 12 photos and a really full description ,warts and all, will be placed. On ebay now there are a lot of no shows after the auction but often you see the "buyer" has no feedback and I always state that any person bidding with a feedback of less than 20 has to contact me first or I delete the bid. You can put it on as a classified with your price and then negotiate this with interested parties. I have just bought a Legacy GTB like this and again it worked well.

Good luck with the sale.

Last edited by newhavenhibby; 27th August 2021 at 11:40..
newhavenhibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2021, 08:11   #3
SWISSTONY
Gets stuck in

On The Hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by picky747 View Post
Had my car up for sale on here as I'm off to live in France early September and as I'm in a motorhome can't take the rover with me. To me it's a beautiful car and I still look back when I park up even after 13 years ownership. There has been over 500 views but only one enquiry which came to nothing so can you good chaps tell me in your honest opinion what the problem is. The price I put it on was after looking at various selling platforms and deeming it to be reasonably in line with what a lot were going for. Forum rules state you must put a price but it has always been negotiable and would accept any reasonable offer. Any feedback is gratefully accepted as I am running out of time and don't want to have to scrap it as it's way too good for that,cheers.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=314750
I am interested in your 75 Graham, I have sent you a PM. I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks, Anthony.
SWISSTONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2021, 16:50   #4
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

The car passed it's MOT today with no advisories and sold to the first and only person to come and view it for a fair price,he didn't even try to haggle! He was a Jaguar enthusiast but liked the look of mine, he wasn't even going to have a drive in it till i talked him round.
Anyway that's me finished on here now don't think i will be buying anymore Rovers and I have my Mercedes motorhome to worry about now so thanks everyone for the fun times and all the good advice and tips,it's been invaluable,Cheers.
picky747 is offline   Reply With Quote