Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th September 2021, 00:03   #51
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default Shortage or Not.

How about this for a theory or thought thinking process, go back 12 months or so when we were all in lock down, told to stay home, work from home, and when the streets were empty of cars etc.

No petrol or diesel being sold because our cars were not being used, now think of all the diesel & petrol lying in massive storage tanks, and all the fuel these giants have on theirs hands because of that lock down etc.

There is a sell by date on fuel isn't there? we know that diesel can get a bug in it, lets just say you are sitting on millions of gallons of fuel which is about to go bad, now these giants don't like to be it in the pocket by losing fuel due to it being old and not good, what is the best way to get rid of it.

How about saying we are struggling to get drivers to fill up the garages with fuel and create a massive fuel shortage, problem solved because joe public, are like sheep and will panic buy, no more stale fuel so no loss for the giants.

Could it happen

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2021, 00:35   #52
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

It's certainly a theory doing the rounds.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2021, 07:40   #53
postbasher
Avid contributor

Rover Connoisseur cdt se auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
You have hit the nail on the head. The media are, and have, been responsible for a lot of our woes. They are supposed to be news channel ‘S, but all you get is their ‘opinions ‘. And the amount of people who believe everything they read or listen to is beyond belief. It’s called Hysteria. It is a disease that is more prevalent than Covid19 .
I dont think the BBC and the government are best of friends...wouldnt surprise me if the beeb decided to make life difficult for boris?...certainly worked ....as usual we may all have been used...
postbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2021, 07:43   #54
postbasher
Avid contributor

Rover Connoisseur cdt se auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
How about this for a theory or thought thinking process, go back 12 months or so when we were all in lock down, told to stay home, work from home, and when the streets were empty of cars etc.

No petrol or diesel being sold because our cars were not being used, now think of all the diesel & petrol lying in massive storage tanks, and all the fuel these giants have on theirs hands because of that lock down etc.

There is a sell by date on fuel isn't there? we know that diesel can get a bug in it, lets just say you are sitting on millions of gallons of fuel which is about to go bad, now these giants don't like to be it in the pocket by losing fuel due to it being old and not good, what is the best way to get rid of it.

How about saying we are struggling to get drivers to fill up the garages with fuel and create a massive fuel shortage, problem solved because joe public, are like sheep and will panic buy, no more stale fuel so no loss for the giants.

Could it happen
Sounds very plausible...and certainly a 'right' way to interpret events..
postbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2021, 09:13   #55
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Yes Boris as upset th Beeb. They were pro stay with brexit as it affected there revenue. There as been other clashes since.

Last night a reporter said "Th driver shortage as happened in th last few months" This is a lie as there's been a shortage for years... They and like all th media think, like to be above elected rulers.

And don't get me started on Kuenssburger. She is well above her station in dictating how we should think....

Th population is changing its viewing platforms and th outdated Beeb are desprate to stay a float.

Last edited by Phil th Barrow; 29th September 2021 at 09:18..
Phil th Barrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2021, 15:15   #56
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil th Barrow View Post
Our news said. 5 BP stations had closed.

Th public did th rest.

Who is at fault??? Th news for stating a fact or th public?

Yes i agree th news has to make news but surely its up to us to make a decision.
Yes, a chicken and egg situation. Either someone in government or BP leaked the fact they were 1,000 drivers under requirement and consequently a few fuel stations had closed. The media is correct to report stuff like this but maybe the wrong phrases were used and/or political knifing was about.

Whatever, it seems many did not believe the government and retailer assurances that there was no fuel shortage. However, my local Tesco staff told me that there had been high levels of abuse (as in the first wave of the pandemic) to staff.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2021, 15:27   #57
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedTeeT View Post
I've got a Shell garage at the end of my road and when word got out they'd had a delivery all hell broke loose. It's on a roundabout and caused utter chaos with cars blocking all the roads onto the roundabout. This is madness!
Same in my area at a place called Gallows Hill. The large BP services in on a round-a-bout with a "driv thru" McDonalds next to it. I expect a few brown envelopes were need to get that through the planning process. Either that or common sense should be part of the schooling courses.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2021, 15:57   #58
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Been to 8 garages locally and none to be had anywhere!
Old 2nd October 2021, 07:49   #59
matchless
Gets stuck in

Mazda cx7/1979 T140e

Default Fuel

WOW!,
A whole week without getting any fuel, even went out yesterday morning at 4am!(Sad I know).
I am not a key worker, and can easily catch a train to work (for four times the cost of driving to work) so only need fuel as my other half, post cancer treatment, cant walk too far.
Two cars on the drive, both with enough fuel to get me to a very local Petrol station only, so thats where they will stay (On the drive).
Sadly, Both will be sold (Not the best of times), The ZT, Reliable, safe and great looking, C02 not great, and the Mazda, NOX clean, but CO2 fairly high, both fail to meet the new ULEZ zone criteria, which will creep up to less than a Mile away in October.
That means, at my calculations, that to visit One of my Sons (3 Miles away) with either car, will cost an estimated £28.
Going byTrain it is not an option, unless during day time (Night times are not an option, the area is NOT safe).
This lack of fuel is self driven(?) (We are a nation of Planks, No offence),But it has made me make a (Sad) decision.
I have just arranged to start the process of taking a chunk out of one of my Pensions, (I am Dept free, and dont want that to change), to buy a car I cant really afford (have you seen the prices of hybrid or fully electric cars!) and actually dont want.
matchless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2021, 09:40   #60
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchless View Post
WOW!,
That means, at my calculations, that to visit One of my Sons (3 Miles away) with either car, will cost an estimated £28.
Going byTrain it is not an option, unless during day time (Night times are not an option, the area is NOT safe).
This lack of fuel is self driven(?) (We are a nation of Planks, No offence),But it has made me make a (Sad) decision.
I have just arranged to start the process of taking a chunk out of one of my Pensions, (I am Dept free, and dont want that to change), to buy a car I cant really afford (have you seen the prices of hybrid or fully electric cars!) and actually dont want.
Yes, £28 per visit to family seems a lot, but how many times per week/year will you do it? Compare this to the cost of another vehicle, AND wrecking your pension pot - totally uneconomic. I never fail to wonder if anyone buying a new car for economy reasons factors in the extra purchase cost.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote