Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th May 2018, 15:28   #11
Frogmella
Loves to post

2003 (03) Pre-Facelift 1.8 Club SE Auto Petrol Non Turbo Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T5 View Post
Old thread but i tried to replace mine at the weekend. My switch is as per the picture but the one on the car is different with spade connectors and no proper end to the wire. I guess its been botched at some point. What can be done please?
When I had no reversing lights it was simply because water had entered the rear light clusters (as it does on 75's) and had corroded the connections in the multiplug that connects to the back of the light cluster. A bit of work cleaning with a modified nail file and all was well.
Frogmella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2018, 12:07   #12
7T5
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

I replaced the switch and had a plug from a scrap car wired on. Still no luck on the reverse lights or the parking sensors. Any ideas?
7T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2018, 09:33   #13
7T5
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

All fixed. Dodgy wiring on the mg7 lights was causing the reverse lights not to work and blowing fuse on the parking sensors. Wish i have never bought the stupid things.
7T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2018, 20:31   #14
Barrie Stones

Rover75 Tourer

I had a problem with parking aid ceasing to work. The fuse was intact, then I realized the reversing light didn't work so I assumed the switch on the gearbox was to blame. Having replaced it still no luck. It turns out that the reversing light fuse 21 had failed and that also stops the parking sensors from working!
Barrie Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2018, 23:45   #15
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Always check the cheapest route first. Fuses.
Old 15th November 2021, 19:32   #16
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

My reversing sensors on the 190 were working fine until the day I very carefully reversed into a pole. Then I noticed the reversing lights were also not working. Read all of the threads on the forum and decided to order a new reversing switch. Managed to find time to attack it today, but being a newbie, took me a while to realise I was looking in the wrong place for the switch lol. Thanks J1MBO (and Greeners ) for the photos showing it by the drive shaft in the left wheel well and the helpful instructions.
With the wheel off, access was much better. The darn clip was awkward though to release the connector. Of course, my mega Halfords socket set didn't have a long 19mm socket, which was essential to remove the switch. Plus- gassed the old switch, and 1 hour later back from Halfords, and the switch came out easily with a long 19mm socket. New switch fitted. I noted that the new switch fitted in such a way the connector was much more accessible...possible design improvement?
My reversing lights and parking sensors are now restored, entirely down to contributors on this forum.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote