Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th November 2021, 10:18   #91
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
As there is zero reporting does that mean there are no deaths from a reaction to the vaccinne?
Probably not, but the risk is a lot less than not having the vaccine. Remember how many deaths there were before jabs became widespread? If the death rate from having the jab was similar it would have been reported as you would not be able to hide those sort of numbers.
I hope you're right. But consider for a moment 'deaths within 28 days of a Covid positive test'. If the test is perfect, then we only need to know which individuals died of Covid, and which ones died with Covid. There is no doubt the numbers who died due to Covid are lower than the official toll. Now consider the case where we have false positives. If the false positives were say 30%, then immediately the death toll from Covid is 30% lower than reported.
Where have deaths from influenza gone?
Anyone got a good link to 'Excess mortality 2019-2021'. That would reveal the true deaths to Covid. Although we're now going to see a lot of excess deaths due to delayed treatment caused by the shutdown.
Within the NHS, there has been an epidemic of absent staff caused by Covid positive tests requiring them to isolate. We've had a dentist off work in my private practice for three weeks because she had a positive Covid test. I'm not quite on my knees handling her emergencies, but she herself has zero income for that three weeks. All of the NHS staff and public sector get full pay when required to isolate. All of the private sector get nothing until they can work again, so we're not 'all in this together'.
I just don't think the system can afford to fire loads of staff because of vaccine hesitancy. My interpretation of the stats makes me feel the balance is wrong in terms of potential harm. It does feel like hanged if you do and hanged if you don't.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2021, 10:39   #92
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
All of the private sector get nothing until they can work again, so we're not 'all in this together'.

That is not strictly true. Agreed if you are self employed but a lot of employers are treating it as normal sickness abscence
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2021, 10:42   #93
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I don't disagree but my question still stands.
We don't know how many of us are here due to the covid jab, I for one dont think I have had covid but am double jabbed.

macafee2

Be grateful that you are still here whether it is because you have been jabbed, have not been in contact with anyone with Covid or you have had minor infection and have built up some immunity.
Old 20th November 2021, 10:53   #94
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
Firstly I never said I was immune to the virus, I simply stated that I don't need the vaccines now having had the virus. I now have T cell immunity and the vaccines will do nothing for that immunity, it would falsely raise the antibodies for a few short weeks but that's not worth any risk from the jabs, no matter how small that risk. Is it not a fact that the UK must act on its own data figures no matter what the rest of the world is doing with theirs and so, the real data will not be given to the public because of the need to keep jabbing, they won't recognise natural immunity in public bit privately they have, how do I know? I took the antibody test and got an email confirming it, I also went to donate blood plasma, because my natural immunity state was a way for them to trial vaccines from my blood and others. I look on from my lofty position at those getting the jabs and genuinely worry about their long term health, no-one has a clue how it's going to turn out.
Quote:
The governments of the world are pleading with the unvaccinated to get a jab, even if they've had the virus, at the same time they're pleading with the people that have had two jabs to get a third because quite simply, the vaccines are not working. In the new year towards Spring the fourth jabs will be rolled out, how many will be enough to make people wary of the intent by governments to control the lives of the people by the way they're behaving.
My Wife and myself had the booster jab Wednesday, our first tow jabs were the Astrazeneca the booster we have just had was pfizer, i questioned this as to why we are not having the same as our first two as a booster.

The answer i was given the government say it's the best one to use, i then asked the government says or the scientists say, his answer was then yes the scientists.

In reality they are just spouting of what ever they have been told to say, anyways the booster pfizer, as knocked my wife about badly, and i have had more side effects than with the two original jabs, we both agreed if the decide you need another jab again in six months we are not having it.

If it turns out you need one every 12 months like the Flu jab we will consider it but for now we have had enough.

As for making people have the jab if they work in care homes etc, it does not make sense, as the jab will not stop you getting covid, or passing it on, only help if you should get it, that you may not have such a bad reaction from getting it.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2021, 11:00   #95
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
"Everyone is welcome providing they have had the jabs" I read that as discrimination, it says to me "Everyone is welcome if they're not Gay, Black, Irish, Jewish" anything but what you want them to be to fit the narrative you are writing about. If the vaccines really are personal choice, and they are, anything that makes the unvaccinated a lesser person in society by any means is totally wrong and needs to be stopped by whatever means.

Not the same thing at all and not comparable. Would you equally welcoming of a leper, or someone with a similar disease into your home? Of course not and that would not be discrimination.

Would you expect free entry to a nightclub, because you are broke? What about a members only club, where you are not a member?

It is a matter of common sense and protecting oneself and those around you, nothing at all to do with discrimination against any religion, creed or colour of a person.

There are numerous places you cannot enter, because you do not qualify for entry - that is not any form of discrimination, you simply do not qualify. Qualify for entry and you can then get in.

Get the jab and you qualify, don't you don't get in - that simple.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2021, 11:06   #96
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
Within the NHS, there has been an epidemic of absent staff caused by Covid positive tests requiring them to isolate. We've had a dentist off work in my private practice for three weeks because she had a positive Covid test. I'm not quite on my knees handling her emergencies, but she herself has zero income for that three weeks. All of the NHS staff and public sector get full pay when required to isolate. All of the private sector get nothing until they can work again, so we're not 'all in this together'.

The difference of course being, that NHS staff are not so well paid as in the private sector, made up for in part, by being paid when off work.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 20th November 2021, 11:20   #97
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post

As for making people have the jab if they work in care homes etc, it does not make sense, as the jab will not stop you getting covid, or passing it on, only help if you should get it, that you may not have such a bad reaction from getting it.

It reduces the chances of passing it on by over 50%
Old 20th November 2021, 12:27   #98
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
It reduces the chances of passing it on by over 50%

Yep, which ever way you look at it, those claiming right to choose whether to have the jab are simply being antisocial, endangering the health and in extreme cases the lives of everyone else they come in contact with.

Though last I heard it wasn't as high as 50%.

They claim all sort of conspiracy theories are correct and genuine, believing what they read on social media as being authoritative, rather than the official stats which confirm the value of the jab.

Old 20th November 2021, 13:39   #99
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
That is not strictly true. Agreed if you are self employed but a lot of employers are treating it as normal sickness abscence

My employer isn’t, off sick only sap is paid, I find it disgusting when they are one of the worlds biggest companies.
Old 20th November 2021, 15:01   #100
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
My employer isn’t, off sick only sap is paid, I find it disgusting when they are one of the worlds biggest companies.
All companies are but part of a bigger one. The Profit and No Loss Company.

The adjectives now widely and freely being used to describe and marginalise those who choose to not be vaxxed, such as conspirators, selfish, anti-social, dangerous and much worse is now an everyday default and are disgraceful. As for being ordered to shoulder the blame for this debacle, that's just too much. That's it for me, I'm out.