Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th March 2022, 19:54   #11
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

My Wife sold her 2005 Mini Cooper last year and in the 8 years of ownership only cost her some tyres and brakes apart from an annual service. A great little car unless you wanted to do a long journey when I found it a bit busy on the motorway.

She sold it to my Sons girlfriend who had recently passed her test and was struggling to find a car in her budget that didnt look like it had done a million miles or was wrecked. Ironically within a couple of months the clutch started slipping so my son and I had to do that and that is not a job I want to do again even if I got paid for it. 8 hours of disasembley and making access for a job that should be thought about when designed.

I have a customer who had one that has been owned from new by people in the same family and has been a lot of trouble, wheel bearings, electrical problems and it even needed a gearbox at 50k miles. Some parts can be eye wateringly expensive so avoid dealers and used is often a good option.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2022, 08:26   #12
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

My good lady had a 1959 Mini 850, a 1968 Mini 1000 and a 1972 Mini 1275 GT. Then again, they were "proper" Minis!
Old 12th March 2022, 09:06   #13
GJ53 DGO
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT 260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
My good lady had a 1959 Mini 850, a 1968 Mini 1000 and a 1972 Mini 1275 GT. Then again, they were "proper" Minis!
Well if she keeps upgrading engines like that it won't be long before she is driving this
GJ53 DGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2022, 08:29   #14
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

We’ve had a Paceman from new and last year I bought an absolutely gorgeous Mini Cooper convertible in Interchange yellow. I absolutely loved it but it developed two problems and the selling dealer didn’t want to repair it under warranty so refunded me hence I now have the TF. Don’t get drawn into new mini old mini debates as you’ll find them worse than new MG old MG which you’ll be obviously used too. It’s an evolvement of a car that came to the end of its life which happens with all brands. You will absolutely love it and I’m sure Ben will too, loads of character and personalisation options to make it his own. They do suffer from some issues but what brand doesn’t! Looking forward to some pictures.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2022, 09:48   #15
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
We’ve had a Paceman from new and last year I bought an absolutely gorgeous Mini Cooper convertible in Interchange yellow. I absolutely loved it but it developed two problems and the selling dealer didn’t want to repair it under warranty so refunded me hence I now have the TF. Don’t get drawn into new mini old mini debates as you’ll find them worse than new MG old MG which you’ll be obviously used too. It’s an evolvement of a car that came to the end of its life which happens with all brands. You will absolutely love it and I’m sure Ben will too, loads of character and personalisation options to make it his own. They do suffer from some issues but what brand doesn’t! Looking forward to some pictures.
Thanks Mark,
Yeah it's 21 years old so he knows it's not mint. It's had a fair amount spent on it and as it's coming from the in laws he has a month or so trial to see if he likes it - I'm pretty certain he will.

Like you say lots of character and subtle ways he can make it his

On another note the TF passed its MOT again roll on the summer
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2022, 19:59   #16
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post

On another note the TF passed its MOT again roll on the summer
We should try and get both TF’s together at some point for a photo shoot

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2022, 21:21   #17
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ53 DGO View Post
Well if she keeps upgrading engines like that it won't be long before she is driving this
Excellent. Guessing not front wheel drive though
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2022, 19:44   #18
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Well I picked up the MINI today and drove it 180 miles home .
Bearing in mind it's 21 years old - wow, what a great little car, I think Ben is going to love it. It's surprisingly similar to an MGRover to drive, probably due to all the shared parts
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2022, 06:41   #19
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
Well I picked up the MINI today and drove it 180 miles home .
Bearing in mind it's 21 years old - wow, what a great little car, I think Ben is going to love it. It's surprisingly similar to an MGRover to drive, probably due to all the shared parts
had least it has a link to the old longbridge stuff

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote