Notices

Old 29th April 2022, 05:36   #165001
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
£100 labour, over here that probably 2.5 hours at an independent, less than an hour for Mercedez Benz as last I heard they were at £120 per hour.

Fingers crossed no more bills for a while Phil.
Morning Ian, thank you for stepping up with the comparison. The 4x4 is 20 years old so there are going to be bills, although the mileage is relatively low at 74,000 miles.

I have no experience of Mercedes except for using them for taxis and found them to be a great ride.

Have you any plans for the weekend?
Gate Keeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2022, 07:18   #165002
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Richard, morning all,

We had a power cut and torrential rains for the past 3 days and nights. We have solar but it’s not powerful enough to operate the fridge, toaster or electric kettle.

Despite the rains, it not cold 23-26C and the rain is badly needed for the animals and farms because of the drought and famine.

Richard, I won’t be buying any of your pessimism.

I am off out walking building my stamina up.

Tomorrow the mechanics are returning to complete the repairs to the four x four: replace the tailgate boot lock, replace one of the bi-folding wing mirrors with new internal motors, replace the upper ball joints and leaking rubber boots. Check the starter motor/car battery.

What’s everyone up to?
As you choose, I am still not very 100% , but the low feeling can be very strong for me sometimes, and until I get the new head operation I can get it head to be too long to wait it.

Last edited by RPWC; 29th April 2022 at 07:50.. Reason: new head operation
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2022, 07:46   #165003
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Morning all, Rich you will get back to your old self mate, it’s just going to take time, chin up old lad, we are all here for you.
Old 29th April 2022, 07:51   #165004
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, Blue skies & sunshine here, It's laundry day, shopping day and a birthday party for Mam this evening (92) with jelly & trifle

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2022, 07:54   #165005
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
As you choose, I am still not very 100% , but the low feeling can be very strong for me sometimes, and until I get the new head operation I can get it hope not to be too long to wait it.
Are they not giving you any clues how long it might be Rich?

I had a decent night but as soon as I got up and started moving around the dizziness and nausea returned to the extent that I threw up, or tried to, haven't eaten anything since breakfast yesterday.

Pops was cold after her hair doo, she spent most of the night cuddled up against the other girls, she usually sleeps on the chair in the bedroom.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2022, 07:57   #165006
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanks Andy, I have got very busy hard work to make my balance a lot later, as I am getting more stronger and better smoother with the things I have been told by the nurses as I have been told, so I am obviously alot better than I have been.
Old 29th April 2022, 07:57   #165007
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
As you choose, I am still not very 100% , but the low feeling can be very strong for me sometimes, and until I get the new head operation I can get it hope not to be too long to wait it.
Good morning Richard, rally round as many health professionals to support your need for head operation, my thinking here to include a recommendation from a psychiatrist but of course you would need to be assessed and the case made.

Similar:

Several years ago, a friend and former colleague lost his wife to breast cancer. After she passed he struggled to cope and he become depressed, not able to work, he would ring me up with desperate ideas of wanting to throw himself under a train.

He followed my advice and was seen by a psychiatrist who diagnosed an intractable grief reaction, he never got over her death but with the recommendation from the psychiatrist he received medical retirement from the NHS. He also received antidepressants and counselling which kept him going and managed to treat him as an outpatient.

Before his wife passed away, she took out lots of loans running to tens of thousands of pounds of debt. The diagnosis and medical reports enabled him to use various insurances to pay off her debts. A few years down the road he met someone and remarried. He returned to work in private practice as a clinical psychologist. I think he will never get over his wife’s death but he has learned to adapt and live with it.

Do fight against the negativity Richard , you deserve better, stay strong.
Old 29th April 2022, 08:08   #165008
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Are they not giving you any clues how long it might be Rich?

I had a decent night but as soon as I got up and started moving around the dizziness and nausea returned to the extent that I threw up, or tried to, haven't eaten anything since breakfast yesterday.

Pops was cold after her hair doo, she spent most of the night cuddled up against the other girls, she usually sleeps on the chair in the bedroom.
The tablets were walking for a good feeling for me ,but said if you want them it could cross a few things to work me feeling but, just so many different types to use. I am fine atm just now sometimes I can really feel low, but I have told my operation on my head can be 3/4 months which I am looking good for .

Last edited by RPWC; 29th April 2022 at 08:18..
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2022, 08:56   #165009
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
The tablets were walking for a good feeling for me ,but said if you want them it could cross a few things to work me feeling but, just so many different types to use. I am fine atm just now sometimes I can really feel low, but I have told my operation on my head can be 3/4 months which I am looking good for .
Cheers Richard. It’s great to hear the nurses have increased your rehabilitation and exercises for all of the right reasons.

In other good news, we have just had the mains power restored and will be dropping a crate of beers into the sub- station for the workers. Every Christmas we drop them in a case of beers which they appreciate.
Old 29th April 2022, 10:44   #165010
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Morning all,

A bit late on parade for me.......Had rather a lot of photos to edit the last two days for work, Also a committee meeting to prepare for our camera club AGM tonight.....Should be fun

Anyhow's......Molly has decided as it's grey and not very warm, she is staying put in the bedroom where its warmer

Molly by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr