Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd July 2017, 21:09   #1
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Default 3 hole switch panel - oak

Looking for a 3 hole switch panel in light oak as im adding heated seats to my 75 doer upper and it has cruise control already but the 3 hole version in oak seem pretty rare ?
Looked on ebay for a while now but never seen any 3 hole ones
See Rimners had a part number for the item but NLA but obviously they did exist
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2017, 22:31   #2
matchless
Gets stuck in

Mazda cx7/1979 T140e

Default 3 hole light oak

I think I have one in my shed.
I can look tomorrow if you want it.
matchless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2017, 23:23   #3
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

You would be a legend.
Only issue is I'm in Australia so would need to get it in a small post pack.
If you have one and are happy to post pack it, figure out what you want for it plus postage and I can direct deposit you the money.
if you are ok to send it PM me and I'll give my email address.
Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 23:54   #4
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

cut out as many as you need! mine started out with two, went to 3 then ended up as a 5 lol

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 06:03   #5
jr.ewing*
Loves to post

mg zt

How did you do that?
jr.ewing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 07:38   #6
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

if you remove the panel, you can see moulding marks for 5 holes on the rear of the panel. Use can these as guide marks! Place your panel on a piece of card or thickish paper, and with a biro just draw round one of the holes that you already have. Cut this template out of the card. Turn your panel over and place your card template as central as you can to one of the moulding marks. You will find that the molding mark is the same shape as your template but a few perhaps about 3 mm or so bigger all round. Try place your template as central as you can to the molding guide mark, so the gap is roughly the same all the way round your template. Hold your template still while you draw around it with your biro. Then cut out this piece of plastic up to your biro line, and you should find the the hole you have made will be the perfect size and shape, and in the correct place for your switch.

I removed the plastic with a small dremel type tool that I purchased as a kit on ebay for about £12 including p&p. First drill several holes with a drill within your biro line, (stay about 5 mm or so away from your line) remove the central bit of plastic so you can get in with the dremel tool. I used a small circular sand paper on the rubber cylinder (that comes with the dremel tool). Carefully sand out right up to your biro line, and if you have a switch just keep checking the fit by sliding the panel over your switch, when you are happy the jobs done!

Mine was a two hole panel (heated seats). I fitted cruise control so my panel was converted to a three hole. I then fitted an electric rear blind so my panel was modified to a four, however for the want of symmetry, I opened up all five holes and purchased a spare door locking switch (down near the gearlever) and pushed it into the hole. It does nothing but it filled the 5th hole.

Hope this helps someone.

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 09:42   #7
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

You are a game man,not sure I'd get that hole as neat as it should be.
I did see the hole markings on the rear of the panel but thought it would be hard to cut precisely .