Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd June 2018, 07:11   #1
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts
Default Going on Holiday anyone been to Prague ?

Hi everyone just to let you know I’ll be away from Monday the 25th until Saturday the 30th, as I’m going away on a kind of last-minute holiday to Prague with my lovely wife.
Has anybody been and is it a nice place, I presume it is by what I have read and seen on TripAdvisor
Hopefully their English is better than my Czech lol
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2018, 07:52   #2
Jdwoodhou
Loves to post

R75 1.8 Con SE Man Saloon

Yes, it's very nice. The city is a long taxi ride from the airport. Only drink bottled water and be careful about salad and raw food or you risk a tummy upset. Good value. Go and see Wenceslas Square and the old town but you knew that already!
Old 23rd June 2018, 11:20   #3
Rickoshea
Loves to post

Jaguar I Pace

Lovely city with lots of history. Meals are VERY meaty and good. Personally I was disappointed with Wenceslas Square as it is not a square - more a short avenue.
Old 23rd June 2018, 12:30   #4
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

I have been to Prague a few times, it's a lovely city with marvellous architecture etc, the Charles Bridge, the Jewish Quarter, The Old Town, quite stunning. A stroll along the Charles Bridge to watch the artists at work highly recommended, as is Prague Opera House , if you are opera buffs. A screen above the stage showing English helps a lot to enjoy the performances.
As with any big city, pickpockets are rife. Be very wary where you carry your money about your person, and take out only as much as you can afford to lose. It probably won't happen, but forewarned is forearmed as they say.
Czech beer is plentiful, cheap, very nice....and very strong !!
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2018, 12:33   #5
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

And the best lager beer in the World -they invented it.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2018, 13:16   #6
matchless
Gets stuck in

Mazda cx7/1979 T140e

Default Prague

Going back there in July, for the forth time in 2 years!.
Never had any problems there (we have always stayed up by the castle), just need to be as alert as you would be in any tourist spot.
As said on previous replies, the food is meaty,but nice, and the beers are all very,very good.
One of the most picturesque cities I have been to, and may have overtaken Munich as my favourite (so far ) city break..enjoy!
matchless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2018, 19:06   #7
elefsis
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Club SE Saloon

One of my favourite cities, plenty to see with a few highlights like the Astronomical Clock in Old Town square beautiful church can be seen from the clock called Our Lady of Tyn. The archway to the famous Charles bridge and the Vltava river.

The Castle is well worth a visit and their is a little street inside if I remember correctly called Golden Lane which has some nice craft stuff.

Two other towns of real note are Karlovy Vary (Carlsbad) and Marianske Lazne (Marienbad) as is Pilsen itself,
Old 23rd June 2018, 23:22   #8
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Don't drive around Prague - use the trams - very clean and efficient. There's a Russian-built observation tower on a hill in one of the suburbs, in the middle of a small park. The tower looks very space age, with amazing views from the observation deck. The area around it feels friendly and relaxed, and very local. We did a Segway tour - we were lucky, possibly because of the poor weather, - we had a personalised tour with the guide to ourselves, but a great way to cover the ground and find your bearings. There is also a funicular railway up to a park on the hill to the left of the castle. The hall of mirrors is a hoot!
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2018, 23:24   #9
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Oh, and dinner on one of the floating restaurants is very romantic!
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2018, 00:58   #10
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

We honeymooned there! Wasn't too many years after the Iron Curtain had fallen and the process of "westernisation" hadn't fully taken hold. I really loved it - having previously spent a fair bit of time in various parts of France, post-reunification Germany, Benelux etc, there was a noticeably different feel to the place in comparison to all those (even those bits of the former East Germany I'd visited). Can't say whether that would still be the case today - it wasn't quite such a hotspot for tourism as it has since become. There were plenty of quirky/individual things which could only have emerged from Prague, and eating out etc was always a pleasure.

I would echo what others have said about using the tram/subway system, and I would recommend staying in a small independent guesthouse rather than a big-name hotel - we tried both, and the former was vastly preferable. There'll be loads of places 10-15 minutes out from the city centre by tram. Rowing on the Vltava is a very pleasant way to work up your appetite for lunch, just don't get too close to the weir!
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote