Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd July 2020, 19:53   #1
Gunnerhavesome
Avid contributor

2001 Rover 75 2.0 V6 Con SE, Range Rover P38 4.6 for my Russian winter home

Location: France Feb to October/Sevastopol Crimea November to Jan
Angry SAGA insurance quote

Received my annual insurance quote today from my provider and called them up to discuss.
Yes the price was lower from last year but not much, talked a few things over and got the same policy fully comp road side assistance 90 day European breakdown of which I use as often I am in France and all the bells and whistles.
Came in at just a touch over £300. Over £100 saved, Not bad I thinks yes I will renew.
An hour later into my inbox up pops a quote from SAGA and they must have my details from years ago when looking around from when Tesco bumped it up 100% and I obviously said NO and they didn't care. So hence my new provider.

But cut to the chase SAGA quoted and this is a company supposed to look after the over 50s i am 57 a really great deal of get this £800. Thant went straight to the trash bin.

So much for SAGA thanks but no thanks for thinking oldies are a soft touch.
Gunnerhavesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2020, 20:06   #2
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

When I was shopping around for quotes a couple of years ago, SAGA came out as one of the most expensive.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2020, 20:32   #3
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

I've recently moved the old man's insurance from Saga, to Hastings direct, £293 as opposed to £449......better cover and a cheaper excess.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2020, 20:47   #4
myfirstrover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 cdi

Saga must rely on auto-renewals , I just don't know how they keep going , they've always been at least double the price of some of the quotes I get
myfirstrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2020, 22:04   #5
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstrover View Post
Saga must rely on auto-renewals , I just don't know how they keep going , they've always been at least double the price of some of the quotes I get
When I insured cars in the UK I found exactly the same with Saga, way over the top on their quotes, even after speaking on the phone they would not reduce it to an acceptable level.

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2020, 22:08   #6
postbasher
Avid contributor

Rover Connoisseur cdt se auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerhavesome View Post
Received my annual insurance quote today from my provider and called them up to discuss.
Yes the price was lower from last year but not much, talked a few things over and got the same policy fully comp road side assistance 90 day European breakdown of which I use as often I am in France and all the bells and whistles.
Came in at just a touch over £300. Over £100 saved, Not bad I thinks yes I will renew.
An hour later into my inbox up pops a quote from SAGA and they must have my details from years ago when looking around from when Tesco bumped it up 100% and I obviously said NO and they didn't care. So hence my new provider.

But cut to the chase SAGA quoted and this is a company supposed to look after the over 50s i am 57 a really great deal of get this £800. Thant went straight to the trash bin.

So much for SAGA thanks but no thanks for thinking oldies are a soft touch.
yup, I too left saga for a better deal
postbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2020, 00:14   #7
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

I have found individual insurece prices higher. I hust had to reinsure. Usually use the comparison sights. I was amazed that AA insurence was the best provider. I have break down cover from the RAC. Asked them if they could do it any cheeper, and the bloke on the phone said their insurance was way more expensive. Just does not figure?
Old 3rd July 2020, 07:55   #8
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

The whole insurance industry needs a massive shake up & the government should put pressure on them to do so in my opinion.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2020, 08:21   #9
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Ok... I see it like this. If you have ever had th time to waste ringing around like i av many years ago. You soon find its not th risk they look at but what they think you will except. Im with Saga now and av been for a while. I talk there langue regarding "WALKING UP" th price at every renewal. They know now that it is futile, so for th past few years as they think im a safe bet, they equal th price of th search engines.

So keep moving guys if they think you are a fool or negotiate. Its th same with duel fuel. I move provider every year and its alot easier than you think. Put in th search engine your KW used per anum and let them come to you. Simples...
Old 3rd July 2020, 08:25   #10
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Agree the "industry" is chaotic. This years renewal is with an insurer that previously would not cover me and the best quote (accepted) was from an insurer who would not even quote last year. All hiding behind the Broker, of course now.

What is this? Support the Brokers including their commissions? Yet others promote "direct" with the insurers themselves and sometime back both approaches.

Much better when I was able to talk directly to the Lloyds broker known to me!
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote