Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th November 2021, 17:59   #1
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Default Oh dear oh dear MOT failure today

Well after a good few years of my trusty 75 flying through the MOTs with no issues , today it failed. I suppose it was going to happen sometime or another. Whilst the mot guy was testing the brakes on the rolling road the front brake pipe burst. It burst right by were it connects to the flexy pipe. The mot guy is a good old egg and said he could sort it out there and then. The problem was it was now 5pm and was having trouble with the flexy hose (it didn't look to great)
So instead of rushing I told him to order up 2 new flexy hoses (as I'm sure the other side wouldn't be far behind in also being knackered) and tackle the job on Monday. I'm glad it burst in his garage, as to whilst I was driving home from work!!.
On a positive note everything else seems to be in really good order. So hopefully the car will live other day after today's fiasco
Old 5th November 2021, 18:12   #2
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

As you say, the purpose of the MOT is to check for these potential issues. Always good that brake failure is caught in the test!

I am changing brake pipes and hoses on my 02 75 for this reason.
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2021, 18:25   #3
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

The pipes look really good but just where they go into the ferrel on the flexy hose you could see it had pitted and burst. It's going to have some new pipes and flexy hoses to get it sorted. Ironically I was watching the tester checking the brakes and was quite impressed by how well balanced they were this time round. The two dials on his brake checking device were perfect. I've never seen them that good before, and then the poor car became incontinent with brake fluid. The Mot station are really friendly and let me watch whilst there doing it. I always get to have a good look around underneath the car and learn off them, as they go through the process. He even gave me a lift home as the garage is out in the "sticks"

Last edited by johnnyb44; 5th November 2021 at 18:29..
johnnyb44 is offline   Reply With Quote