Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th March 2022, 10:56   #1
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 135+ Diesel Auto Mk2. Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

Default Fuel prices and our cars.

Over the last few days, fuel has been going up around 5p every 24hrs and is now nearer £2 a litre than £1.75.

Our cars are not the most economical out there, especially those with V6's and the diesels to a degree if Automatic.

Are you using your MGR's less now ?

Myself am not using the Derv auto ZT as much, have started using what was our town runabout / shopping trolley petrol Micra for longer journeys that normally the ZT would have been used on.
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham

Last edited by Mogodon; 10th March 2022 at 10:59..
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2022, 11:03   #2
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Confess that the diesel autos are being used less. My diesel X Type (auto) is more frugal both locally and on a run by about 10mpg. However the 75s still fit me more like a glove so will not be abandoned!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2022, 11:27   #3
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

I'm not using my ZT (auto diesel) as much either, my son-in-law has let me have the use of his BMW X5 M-Sport diesel while he's trialling a new car for a month, I have used this for a week around the town, the average consumption is 29.3 mpg for the last week and that far exceeds my ZT which averages around 24 during the colder months. And of course the beemer is bigger and has a much better view out, also it's so much easier to get in and out than my ZT.

Its the E70 model and I must admit that I am loving it, I have to be careful because I love the ZT too but ...
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2022, 11:39   #4
Twisterboy
Loves to post

75 Connoisseur SE in BRG

I'm in the situation now where I'm waiting on work to be done on my 75 Diesel Auto, I've not used the car much this week and just topping the tank up, but has got me thinking about the cost to run, dreading filling the tank up before we go away in April!

Thoughts have been in my head of going back to one car, but then my heart says keep the Rover (other car is a 1.0 Skoda), plus the outlay for something more economical, I would rather keep the Rover and pay for repairs.

2004 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

51 of 118 Rover 75s to come off the production line on 21st July 2004

71 of only 235 British Racing Green diesel face lift Connoisseur SE saloons with Sandstone Beige Interiors produced worldwide

Mileage April 2022: 120225 or 2914 in my custody
Twisterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2022, 11:50   #5
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 135+ Diesel Auto Mk2. Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

For the moment, the ZT is only being used when the Micra is unavailable (OH using it), or we need the capacity for 5 adults or to carry more than the Micra can, as the hatch area is very small.
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2022, 12:01   #6
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Still using both of mine, although Banana more than the Bear.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2022, 12:29   #7
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogodon View Post

Are you using your MGR's less now ?
Still using the v8 260 as a partial daily. About 5k per annum. That will have to continue as my work pattern has not changed.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2022, 12:30   #8
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
I'm not using my ZT (auto diesel) as much either, my son-in-law has let me have the use of his BMW X5 M-Sport diesel while he's trialling a new car for a month, I have used this for a week around the town, the average consumption is 29.3 mpg for the last week and that far exceeds my ZT which averages around 24 during the colder months. And of course the beemer is bigger and has a much better view out, also it's so much easier to get in and out than my ZT.

Its the E70 model and I must admit that I am loving it, I have to be careful because I love the ZT too but ...
I bet it's wider also and thus will be dinging other parked cars!

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2022, 12:43   #9
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

wife has a focus that is probably more economical but I dont like driving it so I still ue the Tourer almost whenever I drive.
we do try to plan better so we do things on days where we have appointments and then do our other journeys if they are in the same direction .

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2022, 12:44   #10
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
I bet it's wider also and thus will be dinging other parked cars!

Kev

It is wider but ... I DON'T ding parked cars, I care too much for my cars! I park away from other cars and walk. Many other owners would benefit from this advice.

If I wanted to ding parked cars I would use my sons' defender fitted with bars and rock sliders, strangely no one parks near that for some reason

For reference:

Last edited by Vossy; 10th March 2022 at 12:52..
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote