Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th December 2023, 13:06   #1
FrattonEnder
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Default V6 side light bulb change

Anyone got any top tips on how to easily change the sidelight bulbs on a facelift V6? Compared to my diesel, I can barely get my hand in behind the light unit in the V6, let alone get my fingers in to grip the bulb holder. I wouldn't mind if I had hands like shovels, but I don't!

The bulbs in there are so feeble and almost orange when on, that I'd like to swap them out for something a bit whiter - ideally without having to whip the bumper off.
Old 28th December 2023, 13:19   #2
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Cant you get in through the wheel arch liners access covers ? if you can get them replaced with some canbus friendly LED. It may help if you turn the wheel lock one way fully to gain access. Give it a go !!

Last edited by xsport; 28th December 2023 at 13:21..
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2023, 14:10   #3
FrattonEnder
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
Cant you get in through the wheel arch liners access covers ? if you can get them replaced with some canbus friendly LED. It may help if you turn the wheel lock one way fully to gain access. Give it a go !!
I've got Xenons and all the gubbins that sits behind them makes it tricky to snake my arm through to the sidelights. I did think of that

Beginning to think that bumper off and LEDs is the way to go. Anyway, the lenses need a good refurb, so I'll do that at the same time!
Old 28th December 2023, 14:49   #4
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Undo the top screws on the bumper and tilt forward 😎 I've got xenons too and never had a problem.

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2023, 15:28   #5
FrattonEnder
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Undo the top screws on the bumper and tilt forward 😎 I've got xenons too and never had a problem.

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk

Sounds easier than whipping the whole thing off. Might give that a try when the wind and rain back off a bit.
Old 30th December 2023, 12:02   #6
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

I use these myself on my xenons and projectors.

https://amzn.to/3S4drjW

Perfect length and angle to remove the little white holder without replying on pulling the two wires instead.

Also a tiny dab of vasoline around the white holder when reinserting will make it much easier in the future so it doesn't just turn into hard baked plastic with a swollen seal.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2024, 10:35   #7
FrattonEnder
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson Rover Repair View Post
I use these myself on my xenons and projectors.

https://amzn.to/3S4drjW

Perfect length and angle to remove the little white holder without replying on pulling the two wires instead.

Also a tiny dab of vasoline around the white holder when reinserting will make it much easier in the future so it doesn't just turn into hard baked plastic with a swollen seal.

Cheers Colin, I've got something similar in the toolbox which I bought to removed a recessed ceiling light in the kitchen. Will give them a try when the rain stops!