Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th January 2022, 00:42   #10
guru
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

I would say both are equally at fault. The cyclist should have been reading the road far better and has a responsibility for his own safety but the car driver demonstrated the importance of indicators by not using them until well after he'd started the manoeuvre

I'm mainly a car driver but also an occasional cyclist and in the last 200 miles on the bike I've had 2 road rage incidents, both cars thinking I should be riding on the verge and not in the lane and 3 very near misses, the worst being a woman pulling out of a junction just a few meters ahead of me when I was doing 15mph. Luckily I saw her head bob and something told me she was going to go so I was hard on the brakes before she even started to move, had I not have been that would have hurt. What makes it even worse is that I was wearing high vis and had my front light on!

I actually think the changes to the highway code are very good. It's a changing world and more and more people are walking and cycling which is good for the environment and our health but us drivers do need to be reminded that the roads are not our domain simply because we pay tax and insurance but are in fact a shared space that we have the privilege to use.