Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd August 2018, 21:54   #121
Eric Druyts
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Cdti Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
I don't think we will be eating until around 8pm Eric so you may be OK for time.

If you enjoy our company then you may like to join us when we visit the Netherlands next year.
Thanks Ian
In that case : wwaww; Yès indeed, 8 pm must be achieveble. Yès please, book me in for the dinner.

I'll be glad to join all of you next year in Holland !
Eric Druyts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2018, 21:00   #122
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Weather forecast is now heavy rain all day on the Sunday

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2018, 00:59   #123
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Weather forecast is now heavy rain all day on the Sunday

Cliff
Drove up today Cliff. A406, M25, M1, M6 and the A55. Lengthy delays along parts of M6 (roadworks 40mph and 50mph, where it’s being upgraded to smart road) and torrential rain, however driving by Colwyn Bay at 7pm, it had brightened up with a glorious sunny sky. We are here for 2 nights http://www.glasfryn.co.uk

Of note, is the price of fuel along the M1 corridor: 149 unleaded, 150 diesel, Porthmadog Esso 129. We are visiting friends in Glasfryn in the sticks on Saturday, it’s Bangor. Sunday night, ferry to Dublin

I wouldn’t worry Cliff about washing the car, as mum nature will do it for you on the day.

Is there anyone going to the National Meet, who is calling into see Stocktake, as I have a VIS tester for him to take a look at? Cheers

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 24th August 2018 at 01:49..
Gate Keeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2018, 07:04   #124
Teflon
This is my second home

Got to be honest, I'm in 2 minds about attending now.

We're only coming up for the meet, and it's a 4.5+ hr drive each way. Add in the £250 it's costing for the hotel (we can get a refund if cancelled), plus petrol costs, all for one wet & windy day. Doesn't sound too appealing to be honest. Decisions, decisions......

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Old 24th August 2018, 08:21   #125
elroy
I really should get out more.......

MG ZTT

Thanked 1,158 Times in 643 Posts

mad dogs and english men, you only get wet on the outside, 4 hrs drive for me but still intend on driving across The Mrs thinks i,m mad to travel all that way to get wet, i told her the rains different in Wales
elroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2018, 08:40   #126
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Lots of dry space inside the museum and nice cafe as well.
3.5 hours so far and a little over half way.
Can't help the weather but for us it's the chance to get together with friends again .
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2018, 08:43   #127
Teflon
This is my second home

Ah well. Long discussions with Mrs Teflon and we've decided to cancel .

My fault really. I should have booked a longer break, then one wet day out of, say, a week, wouldn't have been so bad. As it is, we just can't really justify £300 (inc. petrol) for the day with the weather that's forecast. I've no doubt I would have found the day enjoyable despite the rain, but Nora (Mrs T) would be bored to tears.

Ian, can you take my name off the list please, really sorry to let you down .

I hope everyone has as good a time as possible, and wish you all the best for the day.

Cheers,

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Old 24th August 2018, 09:32   #128
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Got to be honest, I'm in 2 minds about attending now.

We're only coming up for the meet, and it's a 4.5+ hr drive each way. Add in the £250 it's costing for the hotel (we can get a refund if cancelled), plus petrol costs, all for one wet & windy day. Doesn't sound too appealing to be honest. Decisions, decisions......

Cliff
Good morning Cliff, I understand your reservations in regard to the weather and to the cost. Yesterday we set off at 11 a.m from North London as Jessica had an appointment. I think if we had set off earlier, we would have beaten getting through the 5pm traffic.

We stopped twice on our journey for pee breaks and picnics. The V6 - I filled up before I left London at 11 and we arrived at our destination at 7:15 pm 283 miles completed and with a quarter tank left. The 1998 V6, was a dream to be in and to drive. No overheating and the A/C worked beautifully, nice acceleration when needed.

Interesting, on 02 October, my V6 will be 20 years old and on 03 October OVP will also be 20 years old. Will OVP be at the National? A question for those in the know to answer.

I am not worried about the weather as we have the jumpers, anoraks, hats and umbrellas - I shouldn’t tease

For us, it’s an adventure and a chance to see old friends and to enjoy the hospitality, the holiday to Ireland is a bonus. With that, the ferry and hotels in Ireland, its nearly a thousand pounds.

Sorry Cliff and Nora, you can’t make it. Such is the weather aye, chin up

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 24th August 2018 at 09:42..
Old 24th August 2018, 09:47   #129
Teflon
This is my second home

Glad to hear the V6 is behaving herself - she's a real credit to you .

Bit cheesed off at the moment, but it's entirely my own fault. I should have done as you have, and planned a mini adventure around the meet. As it was, I just thought of the National alone, and booked accordingly. Really didn't think it through . A lesson learned for next time!

Hope you and Jessica have a great time, and hopefully we'll meet up at a breakfast meet before too long

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Old 24th August 2018, 10:07   #130
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Glad to hear the V6 is behaving herself - she's a real credit to you .

Bit cheesed off at the moment, but it's entirely my own fault. I should have done as you have, and planned a mini adventure around the meet. As it was, I just thought of the National alone, and booked accordingly. Really didn't think it through . A lesson learned for next time!

Hope you and Jessica have a great time, and hopefully we'll meet up at a breakfast meet before too long

Cliff
By the end of next week, it’s going to get much warmer again. Thanks Cliff for those thoughts. I will have to check the dates for the breakfast meets. Thanks for mentioning it.