Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th July 2017, 11:38   #1
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts
Default The rains came down and...

The floods didn't come up in the footwells! This is really puzzling. I have cut up the carpet in the Cowley car this weekend, and we have had some real torrential rain and...nothing! The carpets were totally soaked, and rotten, when I pulled on them, they didn't even need a lot of cutting, they dropped to bits! I left it like that over two nights of rain, and so far nothing has come back.

So, there are two possibilities - arctic was correct that water had gotten into the back, and into nooks and cranies I couldn't dream of, and was soaking back through every time I dried the front, or, it depends on the direction of the rain whether it comes in or not?

I am hoping Steve is correct and she stays dry! I did right cutting it up though - no way was that coming out without. I drove the car with no carpet this morning, and I swear it goes a bit better with all the weight out of it!

I shall now leave it a few weeks, dry out the old patches of carpet and if nothing happens, put them back, just so I can monitor for awhile. All being well, the new carpet can then go in, and the smell will be gone too!
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote