Notices

Old 14th May 2024, 21:36   #174421
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagetha View Post
I recently bought the GERMANUS model from Amazon, a bit pricey at £9.99, but much better finish/quality than cheaper versions.
Rolled my own off and on for over 40 years. Went back to them when the government had the brilliant idea to ban all flavoured cigarettes. I’ve smoked menthol since the mid ‘90s, acquired a taste for them in my many trips to the Philippines, more popular there than they are here. Can’t get menthol cigarettes but can get menthol filters hence rolling my own.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2024, 06:16   #174422
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, What a grey day & rain forecast from mid-morning onwards.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2024, 06:21   #174423
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning all, What a grey day & rain forecast from mid-morning onwards.
Morning Ian and all.

Rain already here
Old 15th May 2024, 09:21   #174424
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

"@roverbarmy No roses out here yet but who knew how bootiful the humble sage plant was in flower just brushing past the leaves smells divine & I noticed the first tomato has set fruit on one of the greenhouse tomato plants. "

We have (due to arthritis and dodgy knees) let our front garden "re-wild" a bit, the last two years. It's a terraced affair with footpaths between (odd pavings, surrounded with small pebbles) and the paths are (more like were) separated from the terraces, by (now) rotting bits of 2" x 1". Nature has taken over and our gardening there is a quick flash over with the hedge trimmer, to allow some walking between the terraces. The wildflowers and shrubs are wonderful, encouraging all sorts of wildlife and critters! What a shame that we spent all those years trimming and preening when nature, left alone, is so beautiful!

My Suffolk Punch may become redundant if we do the same at the back!

The side area is a "Trumix" lawn for parking! (No cutting required!).
Old 15th May 2024, 14:35   #174425
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
"@roverbarmy No roses out here yet but who knew how bootiful the humble sage plant was in flower just brushing past the leaves smells divine & I noticed the first tomato has set fruit on one of the greenhouse tomato plants. "

We have (due to arthritis and dodgy knees) let our front garden "re-wild" a bit, the last two years. It's a terraced affair with footpaths between (odd pavings, surrounded with small pebbles) and the paths are (more like were) separated from the terraces, by (now) rotting bits of 2" x 1". Nature has taken over and our gardening there is a quick flash over with the hedge trimmer, to allow some walking between the terraces. The wildflowers and shrubs are wonderful, encouraging all sorts of wildlife and critters! What a shame that we spent all those years trimming and preening when nature, left alone, is so beautiful!

My Suffolk Punch may become redundant if we do the same at the back!

The side area is a "Trumix" lawn for parking! (No cutting required!).

I must admit this big garden is getting harder to keep in trim as the years go by, The wide front borders are getting semi-wild & I'm going to let them do their thing. I've enough with four lawns to mow plus my two greenhouses.
I used to have a Suffolk punch lawnmower, Loved that thing. I got a call from my missus one afternoon whilst I was loading reels in the Aberdeen paper mill back in the day (1980's)

A friend had left his 1962 Cadillac in our driveway for safe keeping whilst he was on holiday.
Missus drove our Camaro into the back of it coming into the drive & was frantic over it. I rang my mate who works in a body shop to have a look at it ASAP.

I was out for the week in the lorry so I rang back the next day, He said not much damage & no chrome trim damaged He said I can do it before he comes back off holiday so when I get back at the end of the week he'd done a fantastic job of repairing & spraying, I said what do I owe you & he said £50 plus that lawnmower of yours, i said go ahead take it. He'd just moved house with a lawn lol.

I told my mate what happened when he came back from Florida & he wasn't fused so all was good & it was never mentioned again. .

Old 15th May 2024, 14:39   #174426
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

The stairlift is installed & up & running. Missus is made up with it.

Old 15th May 2024, 14:57   #174427
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
I must admit this big garden is getting harder to keep in trim as the years go by
My folks took the low maintenance option for the garden years ago, no grass. My other half is the gardener, I'm the labourer although with my lack of energy it can be a chore. Also finding I'm not good with ladders these days, no confidence, sense of balance ain't brilliant what it was.

T4 Location Map
Old 15th May 2024, 16:43   #174428
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Been slaving over a hot stove all afternoon, Ging fired a text at me when she was waiting for the bus this morning "make puto!". Puto is (are?) small sweet steamed buns with a wee bit cheese on the top. The molds are in the shed . . . . two hours later I found them at the back of the shelf under the microwave in the kitchen

Can only do five at a time in the steamer and they take 20 minutes so you can guess how long I've been at it, still more to do as well. Five at a time there should be fifteen but had to sample one

T4 Location Map
Old 15th May 2024, 18:38   #174429
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
My folks took the low maintenance option for the garden years ago, no grass. My other half is the gardener, I'm the labourer although with my lack of energy it can be a chore. Also finding I'm not good with ladders these days, no confidence, sense of balance ain't brilliant what it was.
I don't like ladders since I fell off the stepladders! That was only two steps up and it took me months to get right. As usual, I was leaning too far over and they slipped on the tiled floor!
I bought my Suffolk Punch mower as a non-runner. New fuel and a carb clean and off it went. The head gasket went with a pop last year and it took about twenty minutes to do it! (loose head bolts! They must stretch too!) You've gotta love a stripey lawn! I treated it to crossey stripes before the holiday! (Wembley/Wimbledon style) My old Suffolk Colt was a better size for my small lawn but someone made me an offer that I couldn't refuse.