Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Scotland
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd January 2013, 22:54   #1
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Thumbs up Scottish T4 & Weekend Event at Perth Airport 23rd/24th March 2013

Scottish T4 & Weekend Event at Perth Airport 23rd/24th March 2013
As Per Club rules :- Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.
Here are the details of our Scottish T4 meet and Weekend Event on 23rd & 24th March 2013. (Open to all!)u
The event is to take place based at Perth Airport http://www.perthairport.eu/ thanks to the kind permission of Morris Leslie Group. There are a number of things planned for the weekend and all club members both North and South of the border are welcome to attend for one or both of the two days. T4 sessions may be available from Gary (Lovel from Aberdeen) & Brian (Marina Brian from Newcastle.) Contact them directly for details.
Microlight and Microlight Aircraft flights are to be available (Weather permitting) at group rates from The Scottish Microlight Flight Centre that is based at the Airport. These will be booked directly with them but please notify me first so I can ensure you get the reduced rate. The following link gives some more details.
http://scottishmfc.co.uk/
Our reduced rates giving a good saving on standard prices are :-
20 minute flights for £45 (Flexwing) and £55 (Fixed wing).
30 minute flights for £55 (Flexwing) and £65 (Fixed wing).
An informative video on this site’s home page gives you all a taster of that activity but also shows the Scottish Aero Clubhouse where we hope to have a joint barbecue on the Saturday night. ( It shows the Microlight Aircraft on the homepage but not the video) Come on now, who is going to be brave and join me? I have flown from here in my friends aircraft and the scenery is fantastic! One thing for us to prove wrong though, is that Ian tells me when you have been up we will get rid of our land based craft!
I have also arranged a fantastic private tour of Scone Palace on Sunday at 1pm. This is a week before official opening and I am very grateful that they have agreed to this. We have also been offered the opportunity to park up our cars on the gravel in front of the Palace to give some fantastic photo opportunities. The cost of this tour is £10 per person and is very good value. This is the charge for a tour of the Palace and grounds. This will be paid on the day but needs to be booked through me.
http://www.scone-palace.co.uk/
On Saturday evening we will have live music courtesy of Anna (Scooterchick) and a couple of my mates and their guitars. Oh yes and me on my Bass Guitar (Groan)! Free entertainment. If you give me a fee I will put my guitar away! Any other musicians coming please let me know!
For those of you wanting to stay overnight I have spoken to Skylodge (On site Travelodge style hotel)and their very competitive rates include a free continental breakfast. This is to be booked directly with them. This can be done online. When you have booked can you let me know so I can keep a record. Basic (Limited availability ) double rooms are only £35 and standard £41. There are also a couple of family rooms. This is great value. Perhaps anyone travelling far may want to stay on Friday as well. Book now to guarantee a room. Plenty free at the moment. Here is their website.
http://www.skylodgeperth.co.uk/
Footnote- Please Read!
It is my intention to take out single event public liability insurance for this event to cover us. The cost is circa £65. (This has now been purchased and cost £85 for the two days.) It would be great if members could make a payment of £5 per car for each day. The excess will be donated to The Scottish Aero Club that is based here. It is their facilities that we will be using. Morris Leslie Group have asked us to make a donation here instead of any payment for use of their site.
If you are going to attend please notify me by PM of your Forum name, Real name and contact number and anything you would like to book or have booked directly. I will keep a running note on the Scottish Events thread of the Forum names of those intending to attend and what they wish to do. It would also be helpful to know if you are planning to attend both or one day.

Caravan facilities are available nearby
http://www.campingandcaravanningclub...s.aspx?id=7260
Photographs of the event are to be taken and will be free in electronic format to members after event.

Best Regards to all and hope to see you there.

Chris

Confirmed so far

MarinaBrian (T4) (Two days)
Lovel (Gary) (T4) (one day)

Astraeus (Both days 2 adults)
Flyer (Both days 2 adults)
Terrorfex (Both days 1+1 poss adults)
iandb1970 (one day)
75 Tourer (one day)
Alan_G (One day -possibly two)
Gurgle 260 (Both days 2 adults)
Jim Jamieson (Both days 2 adults)
Tim_Burgess (both days 2 adults)
1977Andrew (1 day possibly 2)
Graham1961 (both days 1 adult)
Trikey (Sunday 1 adult)
Georgetrike (Sunday 1 adult)
Kbonney88 (both days 1adult)
mmcwalter (Sunday 1 adult)
stugee (one day 1 adult)
woodsie (Newbie-Saturday 1 adult)
Parahandy (both days 2 adults)
Jimbass (I day 1 adult)
Tammyboy (both days? 1 Adult)
Rapid6 (Saturday 1 adult)
Leigh (2 adults Saturday)
Davidhynds (Saturday)

Non Rover75 or MG ZT Owners

John and Kate Lorimer (and guitar)
Ronnie Stewart (and guitar)
Joan and Ian Roy (and cameras!)
Mike & Jackie (and a dodgy Honda!)

[B]EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet/event in any way.

Last edited by Astraeus; 22nd March 2013 at 14:38.. Reason: Disclaimer added as per Club Rules
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 22:57   #2
Astraeus

I will start the ball rolling. Obviously I intend to attend both days and will be brave and take a 20 minute microlight flight. Been up in a light aircraft but not one of these! I will also be getting my car a T4 session. I will also be attending the Scone Palace tour on Sunday.
I have just PM'd myself to let me know and remembered to send myself our real names! :-)

Chris

Last edited by Astraeus; 3rd January 2013 at 23:07..
Old 3rd January 2013, 23:43   #3
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Sadly I am due to be in sunny Teeside that weekend
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 23:47   #4
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Pm,d you chris.

Will attend both days.
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 12:50   #5
Terrorfex
Gets stuck in

Kia

PM'd. Will probably attend both days.
Terrorfex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 15:06   #6
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

I will be able to attend on the Sunday, at the moment I am working the saturday. I am dayshift though so might make it up in the evening for the BBQ. Will keep you informed nearer the time, but for now put me as a definite for the Sunday.
Alan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 15:28   #7
Astraeus

Wink Will Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_G View Post
I will be able to attend on the Sunday, at the moment I am working the saturday. I am dayshift though so might make it up in the evening for the BBQ. Will keep you informed nearer the time, but for now put me as a definite for the Sunday.

Hi

Will add you to the list. At least you will not miss the tour of Scone Palace and the photo opportunity on the Sunday. Be great to see you whether for one or two days.

Chris
Old 4th January 2013, 17:26   #8
Yella Fella
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

None at the moment

Thanked 1,094 Times in 666 Posts

I cant commit at this time as I'm attending a memorial run for a friend from MGFreedom who recently passed away. This run is pencilled in for late March, so it may clash. I'll let you know if I can attend as soon as a date is confirmed.

It looks like you have put a lot of time, thought and effort into this weekend, well done.

YF
Old 4th January 2013, 18:22   #9
Astraeus

Wink Nine so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yella Fella View Post
I cant commit at this time as I'm attending a memorial run for a friend from MGFreedom who recently passed away. This run is pencilled in for late March, so it may clash. I'll let you know if I can attend as soon as a date is confirmed.

It looks like you have put a lot of time, thought and effort into this weekend, well done.

YF
Hi folks

Nine confirmed already. It would be good to get a few from other areas too.

Chris
Old 6th January 2013, 12:29   #10
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

Hi Chris,

Can you put me and Elsa on the list - both days. I need to get a replacement key sorted out and this seems like an ideal opportunity.