Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 & ZT Gallery
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th December 2012, 14:51   #11
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Nicely presented Alan. Thanks for posting these up. How is the underneath of the car doing such as rust spots around the jack points cutting into the sills? I have been reading about the rear sub frames becoming rusted on some of the early cars. You have done a great deal of work in restoring this car. What else have you planned?
When I had the tyres on the Crowns fitted I had a good nosey around underneath while it was on the lifter and it didn't look too bad considering it's age and mileage. When I first got it I took it through the IMO a few times for the under body wash and I don't drive it much during the winter months. Obviously with 162,000 it's been quite a work horse for the original owner and was doing between 13-16k miles a year. I think it's only fair it gets to have a more leisurely retired life now.

So far i've replaced all the interior and external bulbs for new, front doors door and boot seals, replaced front drivers door, boot liners, VIS motors, neptune floor mats, front and rear bumpers, washer bottle and pumps, swapped Crowns for Serpents, fitted Xenons, fitted parking sensors, fitted harman kardon into highline, fitted freeview, fitted walnut wheel, also a walnut/chrome/neptune leather auto gear knob and fitted the walnut overlays to head unit and the ATC.

The front CAT section is dead, and the backbox is also battered, so i'm going to replace the front section and I have a new backbox from my ZT already. At some point i'm going to replace the shock absorbers and springs too. I'm also replacing the spark plugs, coils and leads as it will make me feel better and i'm hoping it cures the misfire under load.
I also want to change the front wings if I can get a pair cheap as there is rust bubbles where there has been front mudguards fitted. I removed them when I got the car due to the 1" of clearance.
I'd also like to get a pair of good front seats in Neptune and front door cards.
I'm sure i'll find other things as time goes on.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2012, 15:37   #12
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

So far then Alan it has mostly been bodywork and trim you have done given the engine has proven to be reliable. I did see a while back that Rimmers had some new Neptune blue leather seat covers. I am not sure if that is what you are looking for. I was able to buy a brand new front bumper in Neptune mark one recently from Sean Cars. These parts are still around, although one day I envisage having to buy a donor car
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote