Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 & ZT Gallery
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd March 2014, 16:00   #161
coolasacucumber
Gets stuck in

'54 Black MG ZT CDTi + 160

Thanks for the positive comments!

I'm just waiting to get a run of 2 days off together, well, 2 dry days off together so that I can tackle the seats!
coolasacucumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2014, 18:43   #162
MG Tom
Posted a thing or two

ex. MG ZT+

Looking lovely, the black oak does look very nice indeed.
My project thread HERE
MG Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 16:59   #163
coolasacucumber
Gets stuck in

Thanks Tom, I'm pleased with it, makes the interior feel much more special.

I went through the car wash today (I know I know, not ideal, but I was short of time, and it was filthy!)

Then, as I always have to, clean the exhaust trim afterwards, as it gets caked with black exhaust fumes, especially with the decat.

It's come out looking alright I think...

Would using Autosol or some such product protect the exhaust & exhaust trim as well as cleaning it, or are they designed just to clean it?

Cheers
Old 7th May 2014, 21:47   #164
coolasacucumber
Gets stuck in

Wowzers, another 2 months have whizzed by!

I decided to sell the leather interior, I just couldn't get around to fitting it, and I needed the cash for something else.

All of the Harmon Kardon bits went too, I wanted to fit it, but decided not to after reading that aftermarket stuff would give a better sound. But I'll probably never actually do that!

Yesterday was a busy day, I had a day booked in with BigRuss, who was going to do a service for me, and fit my new MTec front & back brakes.

My last MOT advised changing the brakes, so after doing a fait bit of research I plumped for the MTec dimpled & grooved discs & pagid pads. I shall report back with my findings...

A few pictures from the fitting:-

Before:-

What a difference!

Replacing the handbrake shoes was an absolute pig, I fully understand why Russ said he hates doing them...!:-

Much better:-

I'm obviously still bedding them in, but will report back when I have something meaningful to say!
Old 7th May 2014, 21:52   #165
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

touch of rustproof and paint on those disk protectors would serve you well... you really do not want to be doing handbrake cables in rotted plates if the rears are the same.......
Old 7th May 2014, 22:00   #166
coolasacucumber
Gets stuck in

Ages ago I picked up a clock set with the IPK feature. I fitted the stalk a while back, but had to wait for my trip to Russ to get it all sorted, coded & installed. I was really looking forward to this, as my previous few cars had all had a trip computer and related features, so the ZT felt very much 'poverty spec'!.

Before:-

During:- (in Russ' kitchen no less!)

And after:-

It is a fiddly, time consuming job, and watching Russ at work, soldering LED's & eproms is really really interesting, the longer one owns an MG, the more one learns!

As you can see, it is now a bit of a hybrid unit, as I decided to use the black & chrome facia with the silver ZT dials, instead of the bland grey facia from the ZT. Mainly I decided that as I think it matches the black oak better.

I also asked Russ to code in the digital speed reading option on the IPK, which is quite nifty!

One last thing that he did was remove the part of the wheel bolt from the n/s/f hub that had been snapped off in there since I've owned the car... One of those little things that I'd been putting off.

My list of things to do is still large, especially as my a/c has stopped working, despite a new condenser & recharge less than 12 months ago.

Jules says it's more than likely a leak, so I'll have to get someone to take a look at it.

I still need the front painting, but I'm seriously tempted to get a mk1 ZT front bumper sprayed & fitted...

Still need a replacement rear seat base, as mine is a bit scratched.

I'd love to get the wheels refurbished, they aren't awful, but they'd look great in a darker shade of silver/grey.

Also, the radio reception is absolutely awful since fitting one of Seans DD units. I love radio, but it's that bad it's actually made me stop trying. Any suggestions?

I sorted the auto boot lift mod problem, I had to buy a replacement strut from a breakers as mine had bent!! But it's working fine now.

And I still am waiting to find the perfect set of interior mats... I can't decide if all blue would be a bit OTT!!
Old 7th May 2014, 22:05   #167
coolasacucumber
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
touch of rustproof and paint on those disk protectors would serve you well... you really do not want to be doing handbrake cables in rotted plates if the rears are the same.......
Russ said he had seen a lot worse... But I appreciate the advice!

I had never before worked on anything to do with brakes on cars that I've owned, but working along with Russ for the day has given me the confidence to attempt things like that myself.

So I do plan to get the callipers/carriers etc painted, as much to look better as to keep them in good condition!