Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd May 2021, 13:06   #1
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Advice needed for selling.

I'm going to offer the front suspension legs for sale that came off the college car, they're rated for a V6 Auto and I don't need them for the ZT as they won't fit. They are of course 1998 items and complete, I'm not putting them on Ebay unless I really need to because I'm sure that a member here can use them, my only problem is the value of them. If anyone has an idea of a fair value I'd rather let them go on the site to a member.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2021, 11:38   #2
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
I'm going to offer the front suspension legs for sale that came off the college car, they're rated for a V6 Auto and I don't need them for the ZT as they won't fit. They are of course 1998 items and complete, I'm not putting them on Ebay unless I really need to because I'm sure that a member here can use them, my only problem is the value of them. If anyone has an idea of a fair value I'd rather let them go on the site to a member.
Hi Michael.
The fair price is always going to be what you actually would like for them, you of cause would then have to pay the £10 subs to add them into the for sale section, giving the asking price, i am sure if a member wanted them for their car or to keep in store they would either pay your asking price or barter with you

Good luck on the sale .

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2021, 12:57   #3
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Sorry to intrude, I have quite a few bits I would like to get rid of, the trouble if I put a high price on them nobody would be interested, on the other hand don't want to sell them cheap, Catch 22 situation.

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2021, 15:32   #4
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Michael.
The fair price is always going to be what you actually would like for them, you of cause would then have to pay the £10 subs to add them into the for sale section, giving the asking price, i am sure if a member wanted them for their car or to keep in store they would either pay your asking price or barter with you

Good luck on the sale .
I've seen rusty ones being offered that have been well used, these I have of course never went on the roads at all and are the genuine Rover items. I don't actually have a figure in mind and they've been in my loft for six years now, it's time to let them go. As a club member I'd like them to go on a members car and not some old banger that's out there, I could put them on my 75 but I have some low mileage 1.8t ones for that.
Thanks.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2021, 10:56   #5
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
Sorry to intrude, I have quite a few bits I would like to get rid of, the trouble if I put a high price on them nobody would be interested, on the other hand don't want to sell them cheap, Catch 22 situation.

Rev.
Hey Rev. How about doing your good turn for the day and donating them to a good cause. Bring them over to our next Nano Meet and offer them to real people who need them rather than speculators who if you sell them cheap, will sell them on again.Rover&MG owners know ,what they are worth. By the way, haven’t seen you in the pulpit lately.
Old 6th May 2021, 15:03   #6
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Hey Rev. How about doing your good turn for the day and donating them to a good cause. Bring them over to our next Nano Meet and offer them to real people who need them rather than speculators who if you sell them cheap, will sell them on again.Rover&MG owners know ,what they are worth. By the way, haven’t seen you in the pulpit lately.

To busy begging, the collections have not been to generous, that is why I need to sell some stuff.

Losing weight, Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2021, 07:21   #7
BRG75
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer, 9th & 10th Rovers

I have sent you (Saga Lout) a PM.

Regards

Mike

Previously
2002 75 1.8 auto Club SE,
2000 75 1.8 auto Classic SE (Company Car)
1997 420 (Company Car)
1996 216 cabriolet,
198? 213 VDP
1986 SD1 V8 VDP,
1968 2000TC,
1966 2000.
BRG75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2021, 22:37   #8
MacRob
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

I find the best way to gauge the price for selling is to look on ebay and see what the average price an item is up for, then if you want a quick sale, price them up under the average price. If you're not in a rush to sell then put them up for the average price been asked. I never say average selling price as if there for sale then there not selling, if you get my drift.