Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th October 2021, 12:22   #11
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Genie point has just announced the other day that they've upped their EV fast charger prices on their public network to 42p/kWh The only place I know of that's still free to charge your EV (albeit 7kw) is Tesco.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2021, 12:48   #12
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Genie point has just announced the other day that they've upped their EV fast charger prices on their public network to 42p/kWh The only place I know of that's still free to charge your EV (albeit 7kw) is Tesco.
I think a lot of folks think lectricity is free, at least my kids do
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2021, 13:16   #13
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovel View Post
I think a lot of folks think lectricity is free, at least my kids do
I hate to be the bearer of a revelation through a question, but could this possibly the result of their upbringing and parental guidance?

I deal with 16-18 year old youngsters for many hours each week and the majority are very much aware of the realities of life, the state of the planet, their responsibilities etc.

It pains me to say this but I see a lot more disgruntled, irresponsible, over 60's than youngsters.

ps I am in the over 60 bracket so this is not a case of blaming the previous generation.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2021, 13:19   #14
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
Things look pretty bleak for ordinary folk who don't have a few million pounds in the the bank.

I feel particularly sorry for those on low incomes who must be very fearful of how the next few months will be

I agree. I feel sorry for the group you highlight and the younger generation in general.
Old 9th October 2021, 16:56   #15
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Believe the charging points are provided by VAG but I take it then Tesco foot the eleccy bill?

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2021, 18:57   #16
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
Believe the charging points are provided by VAG but I take it then Tesco foot the eleccy bill?

Kev

Yes they've been free to use 24/7 since the get go. Lots of people who have no off road parking/home charging use them at nights to charge up.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2021, 10:20   #17
MSS
This is my second home

Quote:

For an average EV, this is still only 10/mile travelled on the basis of 4-5 miles per kWh. So about 2/3 of the equivalent mile traveled in an ICE powered car.

We should expect that eventually the price per mile travelled will be equivalent, as will VED etc. There is no logical reason for this not being the case.

Short-term price differentials are an effective mechanism for changing consumer behaviour, but ultimately the government needs to bring in the same amount in tax revenues each year.

The cost of energy production is broadly the same for all major forms of energy, except perhaps wind and solar which is lower.
Old 10th October 2021, 10:48   #18
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

I saw an article saying some fast chargers were costing around 70p/kw/hr. Let's hope domestic doesn't catch up with that! While I don't agree with their methods, 'Insulate Britain' are right about it being one of the most useful things we could all do. Rising prices are however a symptom of a much greater malaise, which is the western governments all printing buckets of money. Is it a capital gain or is it a currency depreciation? Too much currency chasing the same or less product is inflationary. As more and more voters expect government to pay for their needs, government in turn will demand more resources from those who have them. This materialises as higher taxes somewhere, which is already happening. The end result of money printing is another Zimbabwe or Venezuela. Government of whatever stripe has a poisoned chalice. Boris's mob, pressured by Covid-19, have been forced to find the magic money tree that Mrs May didn't have. The irony is that if Labour do get voted in, they will find a note saying' there is no money'. You can't print over £400billion without consequences.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2021, 11:11   #19
MSS
This is my second home

I agree. Insulating a home properly is one of the best energy conservation actions one can take. Another is to use public transport when in a town or city.

As someone who has now lived in a 500+ year old house for 26 years, I consider 18 degrees C to be a comfortable temperature verging on being a luxury. At work when my colleagues used to be sitting at their desks in fleeces during winter, I was always in a short-sleeved shirt due to the 22-23 degree C temperatures indoors.

In general we humans use energy excessively.
Old 10th October 2021, 11:13   #20
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

ALL PART of agenda 2030, Sustainable world B/S when were all eating Insect burgers and no meat and no ICE cars plus, enslavement is coming!! but most will not listen. credit scores and carbon taxes and its all BS from the Davos mob.

they get richer we get enslaved, check out the great reset WEF World Economic forum and the UN timetables its all there they don't hide it this is nothing to what is coming smart cities where you will not be able to leave!! think im joking read it for yourselves, these prices increases are deliberate like all what is going on in the world currently , like the news papers ( sorry government mouth pieces) saying a fuel issues but do not worry... sent out to the public to get a reaction and it did, food shortages also coming, but what the government have not said is they are paying farmers £s per acre to destroy the crops, no joke to create the food shortages and use Brexit which it is not as an excuse for fuel and food crisis which are coming before March 2022 world wide.

the whole world is being deceived!!!! and this Electric crisis increase is just the start, and knock out all the coal plants and have heat pumps no gas, etc etc , im saying no more.... but educate yourself.... a Poo storm is coming very very soon!!
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote