Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th September 2012, 15:05   #1
rotrex
Passed Away

mg zt cdti se 150+. mg ztt 190 lpg. rover 75 cdt club se.

Default hi line

hi guys. I'm in proccess of retro fitting h/line in a tourer, every thing is working except nav. no navigation on screen. and no light on nav reader, does this mean the reader is dead or am I missing something ?
rotrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 10:46   #2
MN190
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190+

It does sound like the nav is dead.
Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting it.
MN190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 11:15   #3
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotrex View Post
hi guys. I'm in proccess of retro fitting h/line in a tourer, every thing is working except nav. no navigation on screen. and no light on nav reader, does this mean the reader is dead or am I missing something ?
Nav unit should power itself up, as soon as car is disturbed - a door opened etc..

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 14:10   #4
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

Quote:
hi tam assuming the unit worked b4 you removed it check the plugs at the rear of the unit.it is as suggested possible to insert them thinking they are fully home when in fact they are not.the black horse shoe shaped lug must be fully flat b4 inserting.they sholud go home with a resounding clunk.i only mention this because some folks have put these in using the previously mentioned black clip in the half way position and tryed feeding them in.the clip as you probally no is only to ease them out for removal.failing that it would seem the drive has had a bath
Old 30th September 2012, 22:50   #5
rotrex
Passed Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk boy View Post
hi tam assuming the unit worked b4 you removed it check the plugs at the rear of the unit.it is as suggested possible to insert them thinking they are fully home when in fact they are not.the black horse shoe shaped lug must be fully flat b4 inserting.they sholud go home with a resounding clunk.i only mention this because some folks have put these in using the previously mentioned black clip in the half way position and tryed feeding them in.the clip as you probally no is only to ease them out for removal.failing that it would seem the drive has had a bath
hi Philip.
unfortunately I didnt have the chance to check this one before removal so was a gamble {priced accordingly though}
yes plugs are properly home

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Nav unit should power itself up, as soon as car is disturbed - a door opened etc..
hi Harry.
aye as soon as it didnt power up I had a bad feeling that this was one of them unlucky days

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN190 View Post
It does sound like the nav is dead.
Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting it.
yep twas first thing I tried, then though I'd ask here incase I was missing something.
sorted now as replaced the nav reader with another {that I had tested before removal} and nav works as expected so I guese first reader is dead. now while there were no signs of water ingress in the 2 cars these systems were taken from, I have since had a close look inside the plug sockets on dead reader and can se very slight green sign of water damage imo.
so is it likely to be an easy repair or full meltdown does anybody know please ?
also on the working unit, when I ask it to eject disk it makes all the right sounds but does not give me the disk, looking inside the disk does lift up to eject level but does not come out. is this common ?
thanks guys. tam.
Old 1st October 2012, 07:09   #6
Phil-T4
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T, Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,088 Times in 657 Posts

The disc can "stick" to the rubber pads so it goes through the motion of ejecting but cant do it!
Try manually freeing the disc and check the rubber mounting pads aren't "sticky"
Phil-T4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 18:57   #7
rotrex
Passed Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-T4 View Post
The disc can "stick" to the rubber pads so it goes through the motion of ejecting but cant do it!
Try manually freeing the disc and check the rubber mounting pads aren't "sticky"
ok Phil, thanks I will check it out as disk has probably been in there for years
Old 1st October 2012, 19:39   #8
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
sorted now as replaced the nav reader with another {that I had tested before removal} and nav works as expected so I guese first reader is dead. now while there were no signs of water ingress in the 2 cars these systems were taken from, I have since had a close look inside the plug sockets on dead reader and can se very slight green sign of water damage imo.
so is it likely to be an easy repair or full meltdown does anybody know please ?
There have been reports of these units being salvaged, even when they have had a swim. With nothing to loose, open it up and check with a magnifying glass for damage on the PCB. If there are any deposits, scrub them gently away with an old toothbrush.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 20:42   #9
rotrex
Passed Away

ok Harry. I was going to open it up today tbh but got busy with other stuff. I'll have a look and report back with my findings
Old 1st October 2012, 20:50   #10
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

scrub with a tooth brush and toothpaste (gently), wash in cold running water (again gently) and pop in an airing cupboard for a couple of days.

Ive saved 2 or 3 now

Last edited by Greeners; 1st October 2012 at 20:58..
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote