Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd May 2019, 17:57   #351
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Kept cutting out at stops, not sure if that was supposed to happen judging by the drivers language.
Still we got home.

Our local buses (diesel) do that. Seems a waste because after a few seconds they restart again, even if still parked.

I'm not sure whether the drivers trigger the restart manually, or whether pressing the accelerator starts it.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2019, 17:09   #352
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Our local buses (diesel) do that. Seems a waste because after a few seconds they restart again, even if still parked.

I'm not sure whether the drivers trigger the restart manually, or whether pressing the accelerator starts it.

On cars with stop/start technology, cut out when neutral is selected and the handbrake applied, once the clutch is pressed,they restart automatically
Old 26th May 2019, 08:12   #353
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool I cannot believe.......................

........................................... how much stuff I have got. Most of it is now packed but I then run out of boxes. So I decided to go and get a few more. Jumped into Redfive and went to the local B & M to get some more. Parked up but the guy at the door said the store was temporarily closed as the computer controlling the tills had gone belly up. No idea when the store would be open.

Back to the car and drove towards Marsh Mills over in England, a retail park on the outskirts of Plymouth. There’s a huge Homebase their. Parked up and went into the store but they never had what I wanted. Back to the car and onto another B & M store further up the road. Parked up but a woman told me that this store was also closed as well with the same computer problem.
She suggested that I tried another store called Buyology. Never heard of it.
Not a problem she said follow me as that’s where we are going, her husband was with her.

So I followed the BMW Mini ragtop towards Plympton. We got separated at a set of lights but she pulled over and waited for me to catch up. We pulled into the stores car park and found a spot. As I went into the store I found the couple and thanked them for not only leading me but waiting for me to catch up. The acts of strangers never ceases to amaze me.
I found the storage boxes I wanted, quite cheap as well. Bought 4 and when I went to pay the chap at the till said to me go and get another one then you will be entitled to the 12% discount. Yet more help from a stranger.

Got my 5 boxes into the car and trundled off home. Parked up and took the boxes inside. Must be coffee time, kettle on and the biscuit barrel jumped out of the cupboard. Be rude not to wouldn’t it.
Started the packing once more. Cannot believe how many pictures I have, over 40. A lot of them are of certificates that Banana has collected, then there are all our wedding photo’s along with other photo’s of my Val. Aircraft pictures, including the one of James Nicholson bailing out of his burning plane over Southampton. He was the only fighter pilot in the Second World War to receive the Victoria Cross.

Used the linen basket to put the pots and pans from the kitchen. Just kept back the bare essentials that I need. Gradually been running the food down so that I can get all new stock once I move. I still have some tinned soup I brought down from Essex nearly a year ago. Got one box left but there are still stuff to pack away. Keeping all the cleaning stuff back until all the furniture and boxes have gone to the new home. Then this little house will get a proper clean, then I can get the carpet cleaners in, recommended by Richard up in Newcastle.

Off to the tip tomorrow as there is quite a bit to chuck away, not really good to give to the charity shops. But I expect some bits will find there way into the shops.
Tea? Oh! Go on then. Silly me has packed my two tea pots away, and most of the mugs. Hope no more than two people turn up wanting a cuppa and a chat otherwise we’ll have to take it in turns to share a mug.

Thanks for reading.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2019, 10:35   #354
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool A few photo's........................................

................................ from the packing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1916.jpg (148.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1918.jpg (137.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1919.jpg (138.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1921.jpg (138.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1924.jpg (138.1 KB, 24 views)

onen hag oll
Old 31st May 2019, 16:56   #355
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Well, it didn't quite go to..................................

.................................................. ... plan.

I phoned my solicitors at 10am to see what was happening. They said they were waiting on the sellers solicitors to confirm that they had received the money.
That phone call came at 12.30, off to the agents to collect the keys, then drove round to the house,

Tried one key then another but the front refused to unlock. I knew there was a certain knack to it but I just could not remember how to. I kept trying the two different keys but no avail. Phoned the estate agents, they in turn phoned the seller. He said he would come round and show me how to unlock the door. Less than 16 minutes and he was there. Nice chap, and he soon had the door open. Then he showed me how to lock it.

Whilst he stood there I tried, and done it on the second attempt. With that he was gone. Wow! The size of the open plan lounge looked huge with no furniture in. Opened the kitchen draws a found the other set of keys. He left me quite a bit of stuff, all the curtains downstairs, and not cheap ones, Lined crushed velvet in a dark brown. Upstairs he left the blinds in the main bedroom. In the three bedrooms he had also left the lamp shades. None downstairs as the lights are sunk into the ceilings.

Allen phoned to ask if I had collected the keys, yes I said. So with that he and Val came round. We made a list of jobs that need doing, nothing serious but just cosmetic jobs. Garden gate to be hung, floor to go down in the greenhouse, decking to be painted. Inside the house we need a bannister rail to go up on the stairs, where the chap had his telly needs to be filled in. My TV has it's own stand. The draws under the bookcase need handles on.
But no decorating needed.

Allen sorted out the drain pipes for the huge water container, (water butt). There is a small pond and the pump works, there is another water feature but although Allen got it working it did not seem to do much. I'll be taking them two out as I'm not into ponds. Val sat on the steps to the decking and said how nice it was. Both Val and Allen both commented on nice the house is.

Still not sunk in yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1995.jpg (136.6 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1999.jpg (137.8 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2004.jpg (139.4 KB, 32 views)

onen hag oll
Old 31st May 2019, 19:00   #356
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

That's great to hear Bob, glad you are finally in.

Party at yours next then.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2019, 19:05   #357
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
That's great to hear Bob, glad you are finally in.

Party at yours next then.
You will be more than welcome.

onen hag oll
Old 31st May 2019, 20:45   #358
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
You will be more than welcome.
Thanks Bob, I will have to grab your new address.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2019, 10:38   #359
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Glad to hear you've finally got past the final hurdle Bob, it looks a very nice place and in a few weeks you'll have it very homely I'm sure, I'm also sure you'll be very happy there, I know I would

Best wishes,

Martyn
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2019, 15:41   #360
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool We've done 4 trips................................

.............................................. in the Bear moving boxes. Managed to unpack 8 boxes. Think I must have cornered the market on bubble wrap. If there is a world shortage then come and see me.

Neighbours next door are a young couple with two children. Met "Tug" the Bulldog out with his owner. Chatted to a couple of more neighbours. One said to me, "You was here yesterday in a Red car wasn't you?" Wait till they see Banana. Might take her round later on if I can stay awake.

Allen has plenty of work to do, just he doesn't know it yet. Found the BT line in, upstairs in the main bedroom and that is the only plug.
Played hunt the gas meter, searched everywhere. Found the electric meter as that is outside in it's little box. Had to come home and read the surveyors report to find the meter's location.

Sneaky it was behind a panel in the cupboard next to the dishwasher. There are a couple of odd storage cupboards.
Then went and got some shopping for some vital supplies. Need to get stocked up for next Saturday, 8th, as that is the day that the boys are moving my furniture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2044.jpg (135.8 KB, 16 views)

onen hag oll