Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th December 2018, 22:52   #31
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

I have to chip in to say Brian sorted me a key a while ago and that was also for considerably less than £160 too.

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2018, 23:00   #32
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I got a perfect working key from Russ, including having the blade copied cost me eighty quid, half what you shelled out. That's more than a few pennies.
I thought mine was cheap (still do, esp when I got to see him at work) at £90 plus 10 for cutting for a genuine Valeo fully coded by a local trader.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2018, 19:19   #33
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Default All solved thanks to BigRuss

For those who believe that all the brains are South of Potter's Bar should make a trip to Liversedge or Tyneside.
Staying at Notts for the weekend I thought it sensible to carry on up the M1 and get BigRuss to run a health check on my recent acquisition and sort my key out. So for those as ignorant as me about producing a duplicate key allow me to briefly explain.
First Russ excvated the EWS imobiliser hidden behind the lighting switch. This is the size of a large fag packet. He then read and copied over the code from my existing key by placing it on a BMW key programmer. There are 10 key stations one of which was occupied by my existing key. My new key was then placed on the programmer and the code transferred into a blank key station. But of course nowt ever works as it should, but a lengthy discussion with MarinaBrian cracked it.
So what ever these two don't know about auto electronics can't be worth knowing, or it hasn't been invented yet. We're always told to make secure backups, so I do hope that if Anyone is Up There two clones of these hugely talented members are being kept in cold store.
Old 8th December 2018, 19:23   #34
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMoppet View Post
For those who believe that all the brains are South of Potter's Bar should make a trip to Liversedge or Tyneside.
Staying at Notts for the weekend I thought it sensible to carry on up the M1 and get BigRuss to run a health check on my recent acquisition and sort my key out. So for those as ignorant as me about producing a duplicate key allow me to briefly explain.
First Russ excvated the EWS imobiliser hidden behind the lighting switch. This is the size of a large fag packet. He then read and copied over the code from my existing key by placing it on a BMW key programmer. There are 10 key stations one of which was occupied by my existing key. My new key was then placed on the programmer and the code transferred into a blank key station. But of course nowt ever works as it should, but a lengthy discussion with MarinaBrian cracked it.
So what ever these two don't know about auto electronics can't be worth knowing, or it hasn't been invented yet. We're always told to make secure backups, so I do hope that if Anyone is Up There two clones of these hugely talented members are being kept in cold store.
Glad you're sorted, but we up here already know the value of these 2 lads And of course all the tech bods on the forum
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote