Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th December 2021, 17:48   #1
frankgoldstar
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Conny Saloon

Default Instrument cluster temperature reading

Dear All,

for some time the instrument cluster temperature digital gauge on my CDTi Connie SE has been reading really high. It does give different readings, but they are insane.

So the thrust of my question is, does the outside digital temperature sensor and readout play any part in the cabin heating?

I know the sunload sensor does, so I thought the outside temp might well be taken into account.

The outside temp was around 6-7c the other day, but the car records this as 93-94!

EDIT. Just in case this helps anyone in the future - Artic and Simon (SD) were spot on when they confirmed that the exterior temperature sensor is involved in the interior heating control. After my knee op had settled down, I waggled the wiring and the sensor basically sorted itself out.

So now it reads believable outside temps and the interior heating can be set on a realistic figure - no need to set it past 80 degrees to feel a glimmer of warmth.

And as an aside, I also fitted the inline stat mod from DRMGS and that has also improved matters as expected. The old stat must have been working - ish, but decided enough was enough and the engine was just not getting up to the line like it used to.

Many thanks to all who helped me out with this. I now have another weirder issue to ask about, but that is for a separate post!

Best wishes, Frank B

This has been going on for some time, and I ignored it. However, I fitted one of the excellent DMGRS inline thermostats when the weather started to get a bit chillier, and the engine temp gauge showed the old stat was past its best.

So I expected the heating to be a bit better too, but unless I crank up the inside temp demand to say 78f, the heating is lukewarm, even though the engine temp gauge shows a reliable normal temp.

Does anyone know if fixing the outside temp sensor would help with the cabin heating - and if so, is it likely the wiring or connectors is the cause.

A further hint here is this started some time after I parked too close to a kerb in front, and the readings have been ok, then daft.

I would have crawled under the car before to have a look, but have been given a new knee a short time ago, which makes crawling around a bit of a pain - literally! Best, Frank B

Last edited by frankgoldstar; 6th February 2022 at 19:38.. Reason: Problem solved
frankgoldstar is offline   Reply With Quote