Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd June 2016, 18:13   #1
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts
Default People parking in disabled bays!!

I get a bit annoyed when people park in disabled bays without a badge,especially as I have two disabled children but this person is taking The ::::: naughty word
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (19.8 KB, 165 views)
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2016, 18:28   #2
championdaddy
This is my second home

Mg Zt 190

I would have parked across the back of him and walked off.
championdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2016, 18:34   #3
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
I get a bit annoyed when people park in disabled bays without a badge,especially as I have two disabled children but this person is taking The ::::: naughty word
But he is parked over the middle section of the 2 bays-even worse.

I took my mother shopping yesterday and 1/2 the cars did not have badges in the window? Most do not realise that it is mostly about opening the car doors wide enough, not distance from the entrance as such.
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2016, 18:46   #4
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder View Post
But he is parked over the middle section of the 2 bays-even worse.

I took my mother shopping yesterday and 1/2 the cars did not have badges in the window? Most do not realise that it is mostly about opening the car doors wide enough, not distance from the entrance as such.
That's why I uploaded the picture I could not believe it, this moron can't even park in the bay properly

People like this are just a disgrace 😡
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2016, 18:58   #5
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

it is the only time, that an able bodied person puts themselves in the place of a disabled person

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2016, 19:46   #6
CLINTE
Loves to post

Rover & MG less

Default Re: Blue badge parking

I like the approach of the French - They put up signs saying if you take my parking space then you should have my disability ( my translation )

Clinte
CLINTE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2016, 20:33   #7
freck
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Connie Tourer

It frustrates the hell out of me too.
I actually lost it with one woman last year when I was in a wheelchair for a couple of months. She'd parked across the only two disabled bays outside our doctors surgery, without a blue badge. She certainly won't be parking there again!

Mods planned - Cruise retrofit - Done, ZT front bumper - Done, 160 remap - Done...and probably one or two more

This vehicle was the 15,751st 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
This vehicle was the 3,726th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur to be made out of 4,100
This vehicle was the 732nd 75 Tourer in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 4,100 Starlight Silver 75 Tourers
freck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2016, 21:11   #8
Gren 24
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur SE CDTI

It is more than frustrates when you get some person male or female that parks in a disabled bay that should not be using it.My wife is confined to a wheelchair unable to walk at all, so we need the extra wide bay for my wife to get into her wheelchair.
My wife had to prove she could not get on a bus to get a blue badge. the way they did this was at the collage she was at, they had a double Decker bus park there Hilda and a few others in wheelchairs had to go up the bus and try and get on it. I wounder what the outcry would be like these days if the did that to every one that asked for a blue badge.

I think there should be a good fine for any one that parks in those bays that are not disabled.
Gren 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2016, 21:50   #9
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Tell you what to do:- go and complain to the manager of the supermarket if it is there that the offending car is parked. Morrisons Aldridge:- the manager thereabouts 3/4 years ago,evidently told the person who was responsible for patrolling parking, and other jobs, that' we don't want to upset any customers because they will go elsewhere and we will lose their custom'. Says it all. We have not used That store since, and neither of us are disabled, not even in the head.lol
Old 2nd June 2016, 21:50   #10
Goldyy
Avid contributor

Skoda Octavia

I'm a blue badge holder and I have to go shopping every day as I can't carry heavy bags e.g. weekly shop. I go to my local supermarket that provides bay parking but many are taken by non badge holders and it does my head in. I have spoken with the supermarket about this issue on many occasions but all they do is apologise for my inconvenience. I have suggested that they put a polite notice on the offending cars but they are reluctant as it may "affect business" Of course if there weren't so many ignorant bar-stewards in cars they wouldn't need to.
Goldyy is offline   Reply With Quote