Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th May 2019, 13:40   #21
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire127 View Post
Just to follow up, in my defence, your honour. It is not always straight forward, The issues were multiple and complex, all of them having an impact, from the ECU, the failing HP pump and the bodged in tank fuel pump/float assembly and leaking connections. The AA guy discovered the puddle of diesel under the seat and he repaired the fuel pipe bodge, so I can see why he would direct his attention to those areas. The garage could see that fuel flow to the front of the car was adequate at best, then the HP side went, so I get why they concentrated on that area. Me, I just get to pay for it all.

The car now runs very well, especially when you consider I have just crossed the 215k miles! No noise and no smoke. Thanks to all who helped and yes, when my finances have recovered I will replace the ECU, I can live with it for now.

Cheers

Toby
Hi Toby, not a pop you by any means but so many post a problem here that is answered by the experts but the op's go off at a tangent because e.g. a mate in the know says it's something else.
What I have learned over the years is that the people on here are so knowledgeable and I doubt that there isn't a problem they haven't seen, so following the advice from step 1 eliminates the most probable cause of the problem, and if that doesn't fix it then move to step 2, also you are not a million miles away from any experts on here who will diagnose your car properly.

Glad it's all running again.
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2020, 12:17   #22
PMAN01
Happy to waft not race thanks!

Talking

I’ve just discovered water (not much tho) in the plenum area which may explain the cutting out issues I’ve had very recently. Jules shields in place but drain blocked. I’ve taken the black plastic pipe from the jumble of cables that leads up to the ECU and dried them out. No sign of the water having got to the ECU thankfully as those cables immediately below the ECU were dry. Hoping that drying them out will suffice. I was blaming a faulty fuel relay up til that point!
PMAN01 is offline   Reply With Quote