Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th June 2019, 09:58   #41
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Many a great day spent at Salisbury Racecourse DD, most certainly a sport to enjoy with a flutter.

The British monarch has quite the royal stable of winning thoroughbreds don't you know.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2019, 11:41   #42
Dallas
This is my second home

My father is friends with Dessie's trainer David Elsworth, I've met him a few times now, nice bloke.

We've spent many an hour watching the lads and lasses with the horses up on the gallops at Whitsbury, I even have a photo of me as a young lad stood with Dessie.
Old 5th June 2019, 19:14   #43
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Im amazed this lot of "opinions" some offensive others insulting has escaped the moderators crayon. Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit and long live the Blessed Nigel. Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2019, 23:05   #44
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Could it be that some of us can see through the BS of a few resident experts when others do not or choose not to?

You have a nice evening.

Please, desist from your repeated disparaging and thinly disguised insults to members on here. If you take exception to the views of others it would be the gentlemanly thing either to address them personally by PM or refrain from calling their contributions to an informative and progressive thread a load of BS.

We all know what that stands for and that in itself is purely avoidance of the censor filter so is a rule breaker. You would also know as you type it it is likely to be offensive and more likely to arouse a similar response. Again, a rule breaker.

Instead you have met with polite ignorance or well mannered return. Your rule-breaking is intentional. Do yourself a favour - adopt a more conciliatory mood or do the other thing!
Old 6th June 2019, 05:21   #45
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

We are constantly monitoring this thread. Should the insults and name calling start to get really personal, then it will get closed. Just keep to the topic and play nicely.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 06:17   #46
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Please, desist from your repeated disparaging and thinly disguised insults to members on here. If you take exception to the views of others it would be the gentlemanly thing either to address them personally by PM or refrain from calling their contributions to an informative and progressive thread a load of BS.

We all know what that stands for and that in itself is purely avoidance of the censor filter so is a rule breaker. You would also know as you type it it is likely to be offensive and more likely to arouse a similar response. Again, a rule breaker.

Instead you have met with polite ignorance or well mannered return. Your rule-breaking is intentional. Do yourself a favour - adopt a more conciliatory mood or do the other thing!
It is interesting that you take offence from a general statement that is far milder than those we often see on the forum. This is your right of course.

But, telling another poster what he should do is beyond the reasonable. Particularly, as you often appear to be supporting those who go on personal attacks when others have a different viewpoint to theirs. That again is your right, but does not win you my respect.

I have a great deal of respect for the majority of members and this shows in in my exchanges with the majority. But, respect can be lost, and a few have achieved this. This is a natural dynamic on a forum such as this, do you not think?

Perhaps you could resolve a point of intrigue for me please Wraymond. Did you assume that my post the subject of your comment was aimed at yourself?

If so, why did you assume that?

Last edited by MSS; 6th June 2019 at 07:04..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 09:10   #47
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Excellent!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 09:12   #48
Dallas
This is my second home

The state visit all seemed to go quite well, well planned and all went like clockwork. Donald conducted himself impeccably, seemed to be much laughter with the Queen, Charles and May. I see many of the Body language experts are jumping on the bandwagon giving their views on what they thought was going on, quite funny really, but that's media for you.

Not sure it was a good idea JC boycotted the state banquet, Trump has him all summed up it seems, and I see Farage and Boris gets the thumbs up.

TBH, who doesn't want a trade deal with the US after the UK leaves the European Union? and its pretty much safe to say the NHS isn't on the table.

All you Trump haters you're a thing of the past...
Old 6th June 2019, 10:13   #49
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

If you ever visit Normandy the American Cemetery at Coleville is a must do visit. Immaculately maintained and a very moving place to pay your respects. The British ones at Bayeux and Ranville also worth a visit. The German one at La Cambe is much more sombre but it is nonetheless is a place of rest for many who died whatever side they were on.
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 12:02   #50
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

This just popped up on my Facebook. Trump is clueless. I am wondering if his advisers are too or has he simply forgotten what he was told.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=6622931938

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote