Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd June 2019, 18:48   #361
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Teamwork at it’s best..........................

................................. even in the rain.

Allen came round this morning with Leafy and between the two ZTT’s we shifted most of the boxed stuff. Because the distance between my old house and the new one it’s difficult to get into top gear going, but coming back is ok.

Allen left to go in search of some decking as the greenhouse has no floor, seems the seller took it with him. So whilst he searched out the deals on the net I returned home and swapped cars. My intention was to take Banana down to Marsh Mills and buy another kettle. Need a new one anyway. But the traffic was horrendous. So turned round and headed back to the new house.

That will get the neighbours talking as I turned up in yet another car. Banana looked the part parked outside the Yellow house. Will post a picture up later as the battery expired on the camera.
Indoors and to sort out the boxes, most of them I took upstairs and stored them in the second bedroom. Need to get the display cases in to sort the models out.
I took the Tassimo coffee machine over so I could at least make a hot drink.

By 3pm my back cried enough of going up and down the stairs, plus I was getting hungry. One last box to open and see what was inside. The wedding photo’s album plus a few other books of memories. Even found pictures of my late brother. Soon the memories were rolling down my cheeks. Found some tissues to mop up the memories.
Locked up and drove Banana back to the old house to cook dinner. A huge gammon rasher, taters and sprouts.

After dinner and the washing up done I packed the large, and heavy, Lamborghini models. Bubble wrapped the cases. Will shift these tomorrow.

Tired now, ooohhh!!!!! A glass of Rattler has just fell into my hands.

Night night.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2019, 18:11   #362
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Just a few pictures....................................

............................................ of the last two days.

Photo 1. When Leafy came to play.
Photo 2. Some of the model car collection.
Photo 3. Some of the 50 framed photo's.
Photo 4. Loaded Bear.
Photo 5. More model cars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2047.jpg (139.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2050.jpg (137.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2053.jpg (140.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2054.jpg (136.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2055.jpg (138.6 KB, 25 views)

onen hag oll
Old 3rd June 2019, 18:13   #363
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool And a photo.............................................

....................................... of The Flying Banana outside her New home.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2048.jpg (137.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2049.jpg (139.1 KB, 29 views)

onen hag oll
Old 4th June 2019, 14:35   #364
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool The Sprout came and collected.................

...................................... ‘my surplus to requirements’ washing machine this morning. Nice to see Ian and Jan again, second time this year. We had a catch up chat over coffee. Then Ian fitted the transit bolts back into the washing machine and loaded it up into the Sprout.

I had already loaded the Bear up and parked her out into the street, thus allowing Ian loads of room to reverse up to the door. Then with the Bear leading we went off to the new home. Got a sneaky feeling they both loved the new house. We done the guided tour.
Then it was time to part, they had a 2 hour drive back. With a hug and wave they was gone.
I set about unloading the few things I had transported round.

Then home for a cuppa and a sandwich before Allen came round to give me a lift to go and collect Banana.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 4th June 2019 at 14:35.. Reason: Found the missing words........
Old 4th June 2019, 15:23   #365
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
...................................... ‘my surplus to requirements’ washing machine this morning. Nice to see Ian and Jan again, second time this year. We had a catch up chat over coffee. Then Ian fitted the transit bolts back into the washing machine and loaded it up into the Sprout.

I had already loaded the Bear up and parked her out into the street, thus allowing Ian loads of room to reverse up to the door. Then with the Bear leading we went off to the new home. Got a sneaky feeling they both loved the new house. We done the guided tour.
Then it was time to part, they had a 2 hour drive back. With a hug and wave they was gone.
I set about unloading the few things I had transported round.

Then home for a cuppa and a sandwich before Allen came round to give me a lift to go and collect Banana.
Great to see you today Bob.
And yes we did both love the house and wish you many happy years living there.
Ian and Jan
Old 9th June 2019, 05:57   #366
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Through this club I have met so many..........................

................................................. Amazing friends. Matt & John brought there van down from Torquay. Paul brought his van down from Plympton. And Allen from his ZTT from Saltash. All to help me move. We loaded Leafy up with the small stuff, although managed to get a coffee table in plus one dining room chair.

Next all the mid sized furniture went into Paul's Tardis Fiat van. Amazing how much it took.
Then finally John reversed the workhorse in, none other than the reliable, Ford Transit. This van took all the large stuff. The Bear also had stuff already loaded in. But we left her at home. Parking is a bit tight around the new house. So with Leafy leading the convoy off we went. Parked up and the unload started.

At 5am yesterday morning I dismantled my bed. Quite straightforward. 6 bolts to remove the mattress support. The was easy but taking the frame apart was something else. The nuts were virtually inaccessible with a spanner. The only way I could undo the nuts was with a pair of long nosed pair of pliers. Only 4 to do but it took time. The spare bed slides in underneath. That slides out OK but as soon as you lift it up the spring loaded legs spring out. So the legs had to be tired to the frame.

So when the boys unloaded the beds I knew I would have to get it built so that I could go to bed. Got a Z bed as well to fall back on, excuse the pun, or just throw the mattresses on the floor.
Then it was tea break time. We sat outside on the decking in the sun and chatted. We decided to see if we could get Banana into the garage. I had already tried and had caught the mirror backing on the post. So back to AM RESTORATIONS to get that repainted. It was suggested that rather trying to reverse in was drive straight in. Banana fitted in OK, but I couldn't open the door wide enough to get out. We tried a couple of things. Had the approach to the garage been on the level then we might have got away with just pushing her in.

But the approach is rather steep uphill way in. So that is out of the question. So we brought Banana back out and parked her back into her allocated parking spot. We'll temporary place a fleece lined cover over her. The plan is now is to get the council to drop the kerb, take out a section of the hedge and put a ramps in and park Banana in the back garden. Got lots of room. Then put up one of those portable garages. So at least she will be protected from the elements.
So the garage will be used for storage. Was going to use the greenhouse to store stuff. But no need now. Will use it for the purposes of being a greenhouse.

Allen and Paul went back to the old house to bring the last few bits back plus take the bookcase back. You should have heard the colourful language that Paul came out with when Allen told him the news.
They were soon back with my fridge freezer although there is a built in one in the new house I thought I could use the old one as well. But everyone agreed it should go and live in the garage and used as a spare wine and cider store. So that has now to be moved again.
Then more tea was required.
After the chaps helped to move the heavy stuff around. And then it was to say our goodbyes.
And they were all gone, leaving me to start sorting the stuff out.

To be continued.

Thanks for the kind comments and pm's Means a lot to me.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 9th June 2019 at 06:01.. Reason: Located the missing words.
Old 9th June 2019, 08:03   #367
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
................................................. Amazing friends. Matt & John brought there van down from Torquay. Paul brought his van down from Plympton. And Allen from his ZTT from Saltash. All to help me move. We loaded Leafy up with the small stuff, although managed to get a coffee table in plus one dining room chair.

Next all the mid sized furniture went into Paul's Tardis Fiat van. Amazing how much it took.
Then finally John reversed the workhorse in, none other than the reliable, Ford Transit. This van took all the large stuff. The Bear also had stuff already loaded in. But we left her at home. Parking is a bit tight around the new house. So with Leafy leading the convoy off we went. Parked up and the unload started.

At 5am yesterday morning I dismantled my bed. Quite straightforward. 6 bolts to remove the mattress support. The was easy but taking the frame apart was something else. The nuts were virtually inaccessible with a spanner. The only way I could undo the nuts was with a pair of long nosed pair of pliers. Only 4 to do but it took time. The spare bed slides in underneath. That slides out OK but as soon as you lift it up the spring loaded legs spring out. So the legs had to be tired to the frame.

So when the boys unloaded the beds I knew I would have to get it built so that I could go to bed. Got a Z bed as well to fall back on, excuse the pun, or just throw the mattresses on the floor.
Then it was tea break time. We sat outside on the decking in the sun and chatted. We decided to see if we could get Banana into the garage. I had already tried and had caught the mirror backing on the post. So back to AM RESTORATIONS to get that repainted. It was suggested that rather trying to reverse in was drive straight in. Banana fitted in OK, but I couldn't open the door wide enough to get out. We tried a couple of things. Had the approach to the garage been on the level then we might have got away with just pushing her in.

But the approach is rather steep uphill way in. So that is out of the question. So we brought Banana back out and parked her back into her allocated parking spot. We'll temporary place a fleece lined cover over her. The plan is now is to get the council to drop the kerb, take out a section of the hedge and put a ramps in and park Banana in the back garden. Got lots of room. Then put up one of those portable garages. So at least she will be protected from the elements.
So the garage will be used for storage. Was going to use the greenhouse to store stuff. But no need now. Will use it for the purposes of being a greenhouse.

Allen and Paul went back to the old house to bring the last few bits back plus take the bookcase back. You should have heard the colourful language that Paul came out with when Allen told him the news.
They were soon back with my fridge freezer although there is a built in one in the new house I thought I could use the old one as well. But everyone agreed it should go and live in the garage and used as a spare wine and cider store. So that has now to be moved again.
Then more tea was required.
After the chaps helped to move the heavy stuff around. And then it was to say our goodbyes.
And they were all gone, leaving me to start sorting the stuff out.

To be continued.

Thanks for the kind comments and pm's Means a lot to me.
Good Morning Peeps.
We have sunshine here in Radcliffe at the moment how long it will last, any ones guess.
Well done Bob you have some good buddies there, the portable garage you mentioned I have Dereks car parked up in one from a company in Denmark called Dancover, so far it has coped with all sorts of some serious weather, might be worth a thought.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2019, 08:45   #368
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
We tried a couple of things. Had the approach to the garage been on the level then we might have got away with just pushing her in.

If you don't need it in and out a lot and can you stand alongside it in the garage, how about either an hand cranked winch or even an electric one?

I used a hand cranked one for years to pull my caravan up the drive, from the road. Hand cranked ones with a ratchet can be had for £10- £15 on ebay. You could even rig up a couple of pulleys, inside the garage, to enable you to crank from outside the garage.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 9th June 2019 at 08:59..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2019, 14:36   #369
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
If you don't need it in and out a lot and can you stand alongside it in the garage, how about either an hand cranked winch or even an electric one?

I used a hand cranked one for years to pull my caravan up the drive, from the road. Hand cranked ones with a ratchet can be had for £10- £15 on ebay. You could even rig up a couple of pulleys, inside the garage, to enable you to crank from outside the garage.

We thought about that idea but have Now decided against it. But thanks for the suggestion.

onen hag oll
Old 9th June 2019, 15:57   #370
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool The building of the bed..............................

.................................................. .... Was not as easy as I thought it would be. Took me nigh on an hour to piece it all together. And changed the sheets, pillow cases and put on my Poppy duvet. Chris65's other 'alf Pam gave me some duvet clips. They work a treat. So with my Val scatter cushions on the bed it was done. I slid the spare bed under and it all looked neat.

Went to bed at at 10pm last night and my bladder work me up at 05.30 this morning, and the scatter cushions were still on the bed. Decided to stay up and get on with clearing away. Got dressed and downstairs to make the tea. Managed to incinerate the toast. Cleared away some boxes away upstairs. Then set about getting the telly set up. Allen came round and he set about getting the magic box
working but it took time as the previous house owner had hidden all the cables behind an ingenious shelf unit. But Allen persevered with it. Finally got it all working after we popped back to his house to see if he had a female aerial connector.

Val made us both a bacon and mushroom sandwich washed down with a mug tea. Very great full for that. Back to the house via the old house to collect a few bits.
Then we set about clearing the empty boxes away to the garage. All the stuff I want to sell was re-boxed and that that also ended up in the garage.
Time was marching on so Allen took his leave whilst I cleaned up.

Another day tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 13th June 2019 at 06:01.. Reason: Missin'...............