Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th June 2019, 08:03   #1
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Default Let's play - post your manifesto for the PM job

Please keep this non-political and civil. It would be helpful if we did not comment on political parties, politicians or their policies. This is about you, the aspiring PM.

The self-nominations will close at the end of the day and we can create a poll for the members.
Old 11th June 2019, 09:00   #2
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Default MSS Manifesto

Herewith a list of the key policies that I would introduce in order to re-engineer society's values and individual contribution of the citizens.

1. All citizens over the age of 16, other than those medically declared as unable to work or those in formal education, will be expected to work for a living and be given 37 hours of work per week.

2. All paid work will attract a minimum living wage - circa £20k today.

3. Those incapable of working will also receive a living wage.

4. There will be an earnings cap of 5 times the living wage above which tax and NI will be levied at 100% of earnings (all earnings including dividends, interest, property etc.)

5. Pensions will be means tested, start at the age of 70 and effectively reduce with time.

6. Care for the elderly will be means tested and where appropriate state provided at a basic level.

7. Provision of NHS services will be prioritised for the 10 to 50 year olds, with medical intervention for over 75's limited to managing painful conditions.

8. All citizens approaching the age of 70 will be offered the opportunity to voluntary enter into an agreement that allows a reckless lifestyle, partly funded by the state, between the ages of 70 and 77 followed by a "Logun's Run" style graceful switch-off at 77.

9. Laws of the land will be supreme. All those harming others, damaging others' property and demonstrating anti-social behaviour will be terminated using a pain-free method.

10. All those with repeat minor offences will also be terminated. e.g. termination after 6 points for traffic violations.

11. Most political insitutions e.g. local councils will be replaced with bodies of professional technocrats.

12. All technocratic institutions will be responsible to a single elected supreme council and it's expert bodies. Elections to the council will be held on the basis of candidate quality as opposed to political affiliation. Membership of the council will be considered an honour and subject to the minimum living wage.

13. Voting will be optimised to provide a maximum weighting to the wishes of citizens in the 25 to 45 age bracket. Voting age will be lowered to 16 and voting rights will be withdrawn at the age of 70.

14. The state will assume ownership of all national infrastructure.

15. Public transport will be expanded to provide a service to 80% of the population for the purpose of getting to/from work. Car use for commuting will be taxed at enhanced rates in these areas.

All other policies will in some way link to the above as guiding principles.

Old 11th June 2019, 09:11   #3
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

I’ll go with an old Lord Sutch proposal...

Cars drive on the right, lorries on the left.
Old 11th June 2019, 09:57   #4
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

A 4 day week for all, think of how many new jobs that would create.

Retirement at 60 for all.

Abolish petrol tax and do it on miles covered.

Death sentence for all murderers and sex offenders.

Anybody not born in the UK is exiled as soon as they commit a serious offence, no second chances.

Increase motorway speed limit to 85 if traffic permits. 60mph in wet/bad conditions.

Drunk drivers 4 year ban on first offence, second offence life time ban.

Speeding no points just fines unless 50% over limit and then a ban.

Another bank holiday later in the year and one less earlier.
Old 11th June 2019, 10:08   #5
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post

What a good idea!!

I propose all car airbags be disconnected and a 6 inch metal spike pointing directly at the drivers heart/chest be fitted to steering wheels.

That should focus people’s attention on driving carefully, sensibly and with consideration.

I’d like to say this is original thought - but it isn’t. The idea came from Jeremy Clarkson
Old 11th June 2019, 10:53   #6
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

I propose there be a blanket ban on all internet forums, message boards and chat rooms, then I would not waste so much time reading all this nonsense.
Old 11th June 2019, 11:32   #7
MSS
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post

I have always admired Lord Sutch for his strategic thinking.

The problem is that most of his policies have been adopted by the mainstream parties but are being executed badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
I propose there be a blanket ban on all internet forums, message boards and chat rooms, then I would not waste so much time reading all this nonsense.
The solution is simple - just stop writing the nonsense.

You, sir, are cluttering this thread with irrelevance. Besides, you cannot propose something if you wish to be taken seriously - you have to state your policy.
Old 11th June 2019, 11:39   #8
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Herewith a list of the key policies that I would introduce in order to re-engineer society's values and individual contribution of the citizens.

1. All citizens over the age of 16, other than those medically declared as unable to work or those in formal education, will be expected to work for a living and be given 37 hours of work per week.

4. There will be an earnings cap of 5 times the living wage above which tax and NI will be levied at 100% of earnings (all earnings including dividends, interest, property etc.)

5. Pensions will be means tested, start at the age of 70 and effectively reduce with time.

6. Care for the elderly will be means tested and where appropriate state provided at a basic level.

7. Provision of NHS services will be prioritised for the 10 to 50 year olds, with medical intervention for over 75's limited to managing painful conditions.

8. All citizens approaching the age of 70 will be offered the opportunity to voluntary enter into an agreement that allows a reckless lifestyle, partly funded by the state, between the ages of 70 and 77 followed by a "Logun's Run" style graceful switch-off at 77.

9. Laws of the land will be supreme. All those harming others, damaging others' property and demonstrating anti-social behaviour will be terminated using a pain-free method.

10. All those with repeat minor offences will also be terminated. e.g. termination after 6 points for traffic violations.

11. Most political insitutions e.g. local councils will be replaced with bodies of professional technocrats.

12. All technocratic institutions will be responsible to a single elected supreme council and it's expert bodies. Elections to the council will be held on the basis of candidate quality as opposed to political affiliation. Membership of the council will be considered an honour and subject to the minimum living wage.

13. Voting will be optimised to provide a maximum weighting to the wishes of citizens in the 25 to 45 age bracket. Voting age will be lowered to 16 and voting rights will be withdrawn at the age of 70.

15. Public transport will be expanded to provide a service to 80% of the population for the purpose of getting to/from work. Car use for commuting will be taxed at enhanced rates in these areas.

my goodness I agree with some of your points.
point 4 seems to contradict 2
15 how do you thinkl it should be funded as some of the population will be so far spread out the cost for the transport companies could mean they run the service at a loss

14 can the state run all institutions more cost effective and efficient then private?

13 why cant over 70's vote

10 6 points is a bit low

7 why not an NHS for all, many of the people you will need will be over 50

5 pension start at 70, too high.

macafee2
Old 11th June 2019, 11:42   #9
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post

I am 73,thank god you are not my carer.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
Old 11th June 2019, 11:43   #10
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
A 4 day week for all, think of how many new jobs that would create.

Retirement at 60 for all.

Abolish petrol tax and do it on miles covered.

Death sentence for all murderers and sex offenders.

Anybody not born in the UK is exiled as soon as they commit a serious offence, no second chances.

Increase motorway speed limit to 85 if traffic permits. 60mph in wet/bad conditions.

Drunk drivers 4 year ban on first offence, second offence life time ban.

Speeding no points just fines unless 50% over limit and then a ban.

Another bank holiday later in the year and one less earlier.

if you increase speed limit to 85 what do you do with the 56mph limit. need to make sure the speed difference does not become dangerous.

death sentence for armed attacks on police?
not sure a 4 day week creates more jobs. I did a 4 day week for years as did a lot in my team. we did not increase our staff levels.

macafee2
Closed Thread