Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st January 2018, 07:13   #1
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts
Default Ministers back down on disability benefits

This must come as a big relief to a lot of people, it does not affect me but there may be some on here or someone you know that will benefit.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42745616
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 07:49   #2
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Hi, the PIP system also penalised those with mobility cars, they took 900 cars per week off people..these are specially adapted vehicles that the disabled person can lease. More Info

Last edited by Simondi; 21st January 2018 at 08:02.. Reason: Last comment deleted, don't want to start a political argument over who is best
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 10:44   #3
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymotor View Post
Hi, the PIP system also penalised those with mobility cars, they took 900 cars per week off people..these are specially adapted vehicles that the disabled person can lease. More Info
Yes they did, I know what motobillity vehicles are so let us hope that these will now be returned, the whole thing is disgraceful.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 12:23   #4
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

and it seems they are not going to challenge the release of john worboys.
Who will be answerable if he attacks again?
Also disgraceful but just in case https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/ch...rboys-release/

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 12:54   #5
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

We have a relative who has had very bad health, strokes and everything that follow for over ten years, the husband had to give up his business to care for her when she stated having unpredictable blackouts, when to tories came to power they have virtually destroyed their life and income over seven years, they did the right thing and both worked, brought a house and saved for retirement. When they needed help they were first told to spend their retirement fund, when that had gone (over 40k) they got a little help with DLA etc, now that changed and has put them through hell once again trying to claim PIP, we were speaking to them last week and I was told that since 2010 when the tories came in they have lost almost £4,500 pa, there are no increases in benefits for disabled people for some very strange reason and if they lived in a council house or social housing they would be almost £100 a week better off.
Does working and doing the right thing really pay off? Not if you need help at some point it doesn't.
You only discover these things when something happens in life, we all think that people who claim benefits are just in it for the money but we must remember, child benefit, tax credits and pension credit are all benefits.
A caring society we are not unless you are from another land.

A bit of a rant but after speaking to the rellies it really fired me up, apologies.
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 13:33   #6
frankson
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon auto KV6

Default Not pleasing

''if they lived in a council house or social housing they would be almost £100 a week better off.
Does working and doing the right thing really pay off? Not if you need help at some point it doesn't''.
So you are assuming everyone who lives in council/social housing, is jobless and on benefits and reaping the rewards at the taxpayers expense? What do you think about private-rent tenants? I know plenty (including my own sons, who are paying a fortune in rents, unable to be able to save and get on the housing ladder - I find your comments displeasing.
frankson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 14:11   #7
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankson View Post
''if they lived in a council house or social housing they would be almost £100 a week better off.
Does working and doing the right thing really pay off? Not if you need help at some point it doesn't''.
So you are assuming everyone who lives in council/social housing, is jobless and on benefits and reaping the rewards at the taxpayers expense? What do you think about private-rent tenants? I know plenty (including my own sons, who are paying a fortune in rents, unable to be able to save and get on the housing ladder - I find your comments displeasing.
If people are out of work then they can claim £80 a week towards rental, if it's a council house then all of the rent is paid, if you have a mortgage which my relatives do then you receive no help towards that cost. I was simply putting forward their situation and the facts of that. Your sons are not the point here, we are talking about disabled people being disadvantaged. At no time did I say I assume all council tenants or people who rent are jobless. Remember assumption is the mother of all f***ups.
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 15:05   #8
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
If people are out of work then they can claim £80 a week towards rental, if it's a council house then all of the rent is paid, if you have a mortgage which my relatives do then you receive no help towards that cost. I was simply putting forward their situation and the facts of that. Your sons are not the point here, we are talking about disabled people being disadvantaged. At no time did I say I assume all council tenants or people who rent are jobless. Remember assumption is the mother of all f***ups.
This is true - if you rent and have an illness or lose your job then the authorities find it easier to pay your rent for you.

In contrast - if you have a mortgage - you get virtually no help until all you have worked for is gone.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 16:10   #9
frankson
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon auto KV6

Default Council houses

Does working and doing the right thing really pay off?''
Your statement implies that those who rent whether it be private or council and for whatever reason, are ''doing the wrong thing''
I bet all of your 'facts' come from the rabid pages of the daily mail!
frankson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 18:35   #10
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
This is true - if you rent and have an illness or lose your job then the authorities find it easier to pay your rent for you.

In contrast - if you have a mortgage - you get virtually no help until all you have worked for is gone.
my sister has ill health and for this reason she now rents, worried that in time she wont be able to work and could lose her house.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote